TeleNav
www.telenav.com Sunnyvale, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Decent place to work, recently downsized

Engineering Management (Former Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

ProsIn general, this was a decent place to work. They paid very well with liberal PTO, and had a lot of amenities. There was a lot of free food such as dinner for those working late and lunch at most noon meetings. Scout is a good product in terms of the ease of use (but see below).

ConsThe company recently downsized. They have incredibly stiff competition from Google Maps and Apple Maps and other location-based services like Waze, so the downsize was presumably an attempt to "hunker down" and make a leapfrog move in the technology. However, while they kept all the developers they dumped almost everyone else in engineering (support, QA, PM). I suspect this will lead to problems later on.

The Scout product has flaws that they say are being addressed -- the traffic and routing are currently below par.

There was some "job inflation" in that some of the management were positioned far above their skill level. This led to confusion in direction and a lot of "dropped balls".

Great place to work

I have been working at TeleNav full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great people, flexible work environment, exciting opportunities in fast growing… Cons: Need to hire some more experienced operational Execs and management to help with quicker execution. A bit… Advice to Senior Management: If we want to compete we need to hire the right people to fill critical roles and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Company promote talkers not doers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at TeleNav full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Friendly development staff and balanced skills sets to get job… Cons: Priorities among the project often not clear. Management like… Advice to Senior Management: Check your doers No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on TeleNav.

Worked for TeleNav? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TeleNav reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TeleNav CEO H. P. Jin. All reviews posted anonymously by TeleNav employees.