There are newer employer reviews for TeleTech

Teletech Is Overall a Good Company to Work For @ Home.

Current Employee - @Home Agent
Current Employee - @Home Agent

I have been working at TeleTech

Pros

-employee appreciation and respect (401K, Health & Education Reimbursement programs paid by company, cheap dental/vision/life insurance plans, etc.)
-flexible scheduling for the most part
-lots of support through coaches and team leads who can help you while your on calls and after

Cons

-Too much focus on AHT of calls and not enough care for customers, who in turn will make your life unhappy when they've called 20 times and no one has actually directed their calls right or listened to them. Prepare to be yelled at for this, and just do you best. On the bright side angry customers are few and far between if you actually know how to work in customer service and treat people right.
-Issues with the technology, which has improved (and always does) a great deal, but some things are flawed and seems like their techs want to claim they are not rather than listen to all of the complaints and actually fix anything.
-Not everyone is on board with the information needed. One coach in chat will tell you this is what you do and another day a different coach will say thats wrong, do it this way., Upper management has the same issues as well, but I guess thats kind of normal period.

Advice to Management

Actually fix your tech issues. I know you're excited about the new and upcoming stuff, and it's great that you do try to make things better for us at home employees...but please listen to us when 100s of us say something is not working and fix it..so that we can do our jobs correctly, as well as give the customers a better overall experience.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Great opportunity

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at TeleTech

Pros

Work from home; flexible scheduling; paid training;

Cons

Not enough training before thrown onto phones

Advice to Management

Try not to ramp up so many agents at one time-because they get thrown into production and have no idea what to do and customers are not helped like they should be when that happens

HORRIBLE! This company does NOT care about it's employees -- everyone is just a bottom dollar number to them!

Current Employee - G&A Employee for @Home Division
    Current Employee - G&A Employee for @Home Division

I have been working at TeleTech

Pros

I work for TeleTech simply for the fact that I can work from home. In addition, I work for the most amazing manager -- however she is powerless to do anything about the way this company is run or how it treats its employees.

Cons

Ken Tuchman, Mike Jossi and other members of upper management does NOT care about it's employees. They don't pay people well for the jobs they do. Their benefits are only good if you're a healthy person and never need to go to the dr. They outsource EVERYTHING they can to the Phillipines. They don't invest in resources to help sustain a positive working environment. They implement bonus plans that have been "restructured" so that the money for them is set aside, and then they don't issue bonuses (and we're talking about $1200/year in my case -- MAX) -- however they did recently give the Exec Directors and above an endless amount of PTO. They view the employess that work for them as numbers on paper only. You could have a job one day, and they next day it's gone -- with no warning. Attrition is a joke -- yet NO ONE sees the value in trying to sustain employees. Everything is about the here and now -- no money gets invested in technologies or resources to make improvements to the workplace (technological) that would in the long run save the company money. They work our Operations partners to the bone, and pay them a measley $24k/year. Sometimes they have more than 100 agents reporting to them at once -- something I'm sure Mr. Tuchman NOR Mr. Jossi have the responsibility for.
    I'm sure if the clients for TeleTech (Best Buy, Red Cross, Saber, Sony, BoA) knew how poorly the very employees who represent them were being treated, they'd high tail their business elsewhere.

Advice to Management

There is nothing I could say that Mr. Tuchman or anyone else at TeleTech would really give any consideration to. I'm sure they are too busy trying to figure out how to outsource more jobs to the PHL.