TeleTech

Pros outweigh the Cons

Current Employee - Customer Service in Kalispell, MT
Current Employee - Customer Service in Kalispell, MT

I have been working at TeleTech

Pros

Technology is first-class. Pay is decent compared to other employers in the area. All I can say is that we really have the best tech in TeleTech.

Cons

Work requires you to meet the metrics which are sometimes unachievable. Maybe if you put your best effort you can reach it.

Employee activities or outings should be regular. Once a month will make us a happy camper. Promote people who deserve it. No one wants to work in a place where you are stagnant.

655 Other Employee Reviews for TeleTech (View Most Recent)

It has been a great professional experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, IA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, IA

I have been working at TeleTech

Pros

I did not know what to expect when I started in TeleTech, I was not sure about what the company services were, but it has been a great experience. The company has offered me professional development and exposure to a global enterprise.

Cons

The company moves very fast, so I think they should focus on extending their onboarding process for employees in their corporate office.

I think there is an opportunity to have more open communication with employees to ensure everyone is aligned in the organization and working towards the same goals

Tele Tech at home has zero tolerance for those who think outside of the box

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I worked at TeleTech

Pros

This is a work from home job.

Cons

Management is very uptight. Hypersensitive to any language that does not fall in line with being a obsequious and servile employee. If you use big words or are expressive about how things could be done or if you raise questions about ANYTHING that they do from poor technical support to poor functioning of their software systems, they consider you uncontrollable and move towards terminating you. They cannot accept legitimate suggestions on how their operations could improve from a user's perspective.

They see any constructive criticism as threatening and move to terminate anyone that voices such suggestions.

Hire more men to help out the women who seem to be suffering from some kind of controlling mentality. The women in charge, seem to want to treat the workers like first grade students, that should be put in the corner for fidgeting too much or whispering too loud or smiling too much.
    As a women with two masters's degrees and working on a PhD, I felt very disrespected by fellow women. It is a very unpleasant environment to work, also because of the poor IT set up. The worst problem was very poor audio as most callers complained about not being able to hear any of the agents they spoke with. I was accused by some, of being the only one with the problem. Then I learned that it was widespread. They also had vast latency issues making the technical side of working with their software unbearable. The pace of calls was overloaded, where many callers had to wait more than 20 minutes to be helped. They either refused to hire more people or could not attract more people due to the low pay and poor working conditions.

I thinkTele Tech management did not appreciate employee feedback and treated employees that thad any complaints as those that they needed to eject from the corporate culture. I suggest that if you want to staff your phones and reduce call abandonment, that you hire managers that are more tolerant and less controlling. Your managers of call center teams are far, far too insecure to handle the stress level of their jobs.

Also, try hiring more people for $10.00/hr and allow them some freedom to work the hours that they choose to work. Arise pays $11.00/hr and has free choice scheduling. They did not hire people who could only work 20 hours per week and then force them to work 30 hours a week, an impossible schedule change for many workers. West At Home also uses a free choice scheduling system and starts employees at minimum wage. They have so many employees probably because of the freedom to choose hours. They don't have trouble staffing their phones. Tele Tech is far too rigid to have successful numbers for good clients like Sabre. I believe that if you do not fire the call center managers that are too nervous to do a good job, that you will also lose clients such as Sabre.

There are so many better virtual call centers to work for. Almost every other call center company that offers work from home opportunities are better equipped and staffed so that users will want to continue working for them. Tele Tech at home is the worst place to work.

There are newer employer reviews for TeleTech