TeleTech

www.teletech.com
  www.teletech.com
There are newer employer reviews for TeleTech

Im currently working for TeleTech at home

Current Employee - Best Buy Sale Agent in Birmingham, AL
Current Employee - Best Buy Sale Agent in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at TeleTech part-time (less than an year)

Pros

They talk a good game, lol.... Here's the skinny on Teletech@ home customer service positions. the hiring process takes about a month in total before you start working but it's a very easy process.

Cons

The trouble starts when you start training. The training last for about 4 weeks, at least that's what we were told in our phone orientation. The training is done over the phone and in a virtual training room online. To say that training was a hot mess would be an understatement. There were 40 new hires and one trainer who had been in her training position for only one week, we were her first class. After the first week she was booted as our trainer. Go figure. Ok so now we are on week two new trainer and all things get even crazier. we were not trained well, just givin a bunch of information and let loose to figure things out on our own which was very scary. you are told that you are hired for the home appliance department only to find out about a week before you are set to take calls that you have been switched over to "PRODUCT SALES". yup that's right SALES. I was thinking as was all the others in my class ----> when were we trained for Sales? To top it all off you have a survey , a paperless tracker and complete noting after each call. You also have to fill out an EOS End Of Shift report every day after your shift. everyday you get emails about new task you have to do. and remember this is all for 9 bucks an hour. they say you will get 38 hours a week --YEAH RIGHT try 17-21. Training was the most stable shifts we had. After training your on you own pal... This job is so scary. They have what called MTO which is Mandatory Time Off that means at anytime its slow they can boot you from work and trust me they do this every single day. So your sitting there like OMG please don't let them kick me off. Im currently looking for another job so that I can tell Teletech to kiss my big fat ***.
BTW did I mention you have over 10 systems you have to log into daily?

you guys are gonna lose that huge Best Buy account if you DO NOT TRAIN your new hires properly. care more about people who work for your company. pay people for the work they do..... this could be such a good thing but its ran slooooooopy....

670 Other Employee Reviews for TeleTech (View Most Recent)

very good job

Former Employee - @Home Agent in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - @Home Agent in Dallas, TX

I worked at TeleTech part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I like working from home

Cons

there is no disadvantages at teletech

soft ware needs updating

Good learning experience, but...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at TeleTech full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of opportunities to learn & grow
    Good co-workers
    Decent management, if you're in the right group

Cons

Constant sense of uncertainty about what's on the horizon
    Company continuously implements new policies that make you question their commitment to employees

Get rid of stack ranking. It didn't work for Microsoft & most likely won't be beneficial in the long term for TeleTech either. It's a horrible way to manage professionals.

There are newer employer reviews for TeleTech