TeleTech

www.teletech.com

Im currently working for TeleTech at home

Best Buy Sale Agent (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL

ProsThey talk a good game, lol.... Here's the skinny on Teletech@ home customer service positions. the hiring process takes about a month in total before you start working but it's a very easy process.

ConsThe trouble starts when you start training. The training last for about 4 weeks, at least that's what we were told in our phone orientation. The training is done over the phone and in a virtual training room online. To say that training was a hot mess would be an understatement. There were 40 new hires and one trainer who had been in her training position for only one week, we were her first class. After the first week she was booted as our trainer. Go figure. Ok so now we are on week two new trainer and all things get even crazier. we were not trained well, just givin a bunch of information and let loose to figure things out on our own which was very scary. you are told that you are hired for the home appliance department only to find out about a week before you are set to take calls that you have been switched over to "PRODUCT SALES". yup that's right SALES. I was thinking as was all the others in my class ----> when were we trained for Sales? To top it all off you have a survey , a paperless tracker and complete noting after each call. You also have to fill out an EOS End Of Shift report every day after your shift. everyday you get emails about new task you have to do. and remember this is all for 9 bucks an hour. they say you will get 38 hours a week --YEAH RIGHT try 17-21. Training was the most stable shifts we had. After training your on you own pal... This job is so scary. They have what called MTO which is Mandatory Time Off that means at anytime its slow they can boot you from work and trust me they do this every single day. So your sitting there like OMG please don't let them kick me off. Im currently looking for another job so that I can tell Teletech to kiss my big fat ***.
BTW did I mention you have over 10 systems you have to log into daily?

Advice to Senior Managementyou guys are gonna lose that huge Best Buy account if you DO NOT TRAIN your new hires properly. care more about people who work for your company. pay people for the work they do..... this could be such a good thing but its ran slooooooopy....

very good job

@Home Agent (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

I worked at TeleTech part-time for less than a year

Pros: I like working from home Cons: there is no disadvantages at teletech Advice to Senior Management: soft ware needs updating Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good learning experience, but...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Denver, CO

I worked at TeleTech full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Plenty of opportunities to learn & grow Good co-workers Decent management, if… Cons: Constant sense of uncertainty about what's on the horizon Company continuously… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of stack ranking. It didn't work for Microsoft & most likely won't be… More
There are newer reviews on TeleTech.

Worked for TeleTech? Contribute to the Community!