TeleTech

www.teletech.com

TeleTech treats you like a number instead of an employee.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Greeley, CO
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Greeley, CO

Pros

Very straight forward in what the company and what your supervisors want you to be/ work like. Set schedule for 6 months (or so) straight. Paid training (3 weeks in classroom, 2 weeks taking calls but being supervised). Fairly predictable job, you know what to expect every day you walk in. Benefits offered (if you think they're worth the money). Pay for performance (if you work extremely hard you will be rewarded). Stable job with a stable income.

Cons

No raises, rarely any promotions. The way you are treated is based on your statistics of working there - say you're extremely sick and can't come in, it's treated the same as a no call no show/ just not coming in, which puts you at a lower rating of the company. Schedules are based on your statistics, not what works for you. The "bonuses" they offer aren't very realistic to achieve. The company is very big - so other than my team lead, I'm not sure who I work for.

Take the time to really connect with your employees - don't just treat us like a statistic/ number.

Other reviews for TeleTech

Im currently working for TeleTech at home

Current Employee - Best Buy Sale Agent  in  Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Best Buy Sale Agent in Birmingham, AL

Pros

They talk a good game, lol.... Here's the skinny on Teletech@ home customer service positions. the hiring process takes about a month in total before you start working but it's a very easy process.

Cons

The trouble starts when you start training. The training last for about 4 weeks, at least that's what we were told in our phone orientation. The training is done over the phone and in a virtual training room online. To say that training was a hot mess would be an understatement. There were 40 new hires and one trainer who had been in her training position for only one week, we were her first class. After the first week she was booted as our trainer. Go figure. Ok so now we are on week two new trainer and all things get even crazier. we were not trained well, just givin a bunch of information and let loose to figure things out on our own which was very scary. you are told that you are hired for the home appliance department only to find out about a week before you are set to take calls that you have been switched over to "PRODUCT SALES". yup that's right SALES. I was thinking as was all the others in my class ----> when were we trained for Sales? To top it all off you have a survey , a paperless tracker and complete noting after each call. You also have to fill out an EOS End Of Shift report every day after your shift. everyday you get emails about new task you have to do. and remember this is all for 9 bucks an hour. they say you will get 38 hours a week --YEAH RIGHT try 17-21. Training was the most stable shifts we had. After training your on you own pal... This job is so scary. They have what called MTO which is Mandatory Time Off that means at anytime its slow they can boot you from work and trust me they do this every single day. So your sitting there like OMG please don't let them kick me off. Im currently looking for another job so that I can tell Teletech to kiss my big fat ***.
    BTW did I mention you have over 10 systems you have to log into daily?

you guys are gonna lose that huge Best Buy account if you DO NOT TRAIN your new hires properly. care more about people who work for your company. pay people for the work they do..... this could be such a good thing but its ran slooooooopy....

very good job

Former Employee - @Home Agent  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - @Home Agent in Dallas, TX

Pros

I like working from home

Cons

there is no disadvantages at teletech

soft ware needs updating

There are newer employer reviews for TeleTech.

Worked for TeleTech? Contribute to the Community!