There are newer employer reviews for Telecare Corporation

Unprofessional

Current Employee - PSC in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - PSC in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I am able to gain work experience

Cons

Unprofessional co-workers & managers, biased managers that promote friends over other employees that have more experience and/or education. Benefits and pay are lower than other similar companies in the area.

Less lip service & more action, when problems are reported.

19 Other Employee Reviews for Telecare Corporation (View Most Recent)

A great place to work; better if the departments would get out of their silo.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Telecare Corporation

Pros

Telecare is a fast growing mental healthcare company that specializes in helping adults with mental impairments reach their full potential. This is a company that appears to be committed to the well-being of the people they serve. They focus on quality of care first, employee morale second, and profits third. I have experienced many instances where the most important thing is the what is best for the person being served even when there is significant costs involved.

The company is in five states and growth presents many opportunities for advancement which can be rare in the mental health field. They pride themselves for promoting from with in the company.

There is a high involvement culture from management and I have always felt supported and encouraged to take risks and grow as a professional. The company appears to be very well respected in the mental health community and they have been apart of major developments in the field over the last 40 years.

Cons

Because the company is so spread out geographically, it sometimes feels a bit disjointed. For example, new initiatives can be cumbersome to roll out or policy decisions may seem haphazard because they have no relevance. There seems to be limited options for advancement beyond the administrator level.

Departments seem to be at odds at times. For example, the HR and Finance departments sometimes "wag the dog." It appears the Finance and IT department have had difficulties keeping key personnel who seem to leave for bigger companies. Further, leadership of these departments seem disconnected from the Operations Department.

Visit the programs outside of the Bay Area. Increase base salaries to keep key personnel. Reconsider having members of the Executive Committee also be members of the Board of Directors.

Want to really make a difference and feel good? Work at Telecare.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation

Pros

Telecare is a place where people can do really good, heartfelt work that matters -- really matters. Everything we do either directly or indirectly helps people with mental illness, and that's something I feel great about. We are all treated like family -- sometimes good, sometimes not, but it's never 'corporate-y' -- I always feel like an individual and very appreciated.

Cons

If you are not a clinical person, sometimes it can be difficult to find ways to advance. That's because although we are a large company, the corporate/administration side is actually very small. However, if you are a clinical person, there is lots of room to advance.

Keep up the good work! Seriously. The people in senior management really care about this work; it's kind of wonderful to be a part of.

There are newer employer reviews for Telecare Corporation