Telecare Corporation

www.telecarecorp.com
  www.telecarecorp.com
There are newer employer reviews for Telecare Corporation

Used to be a good company, but..........

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time

Pros

We do good work with a difficult population. The line staff are great.

Cons

I have worked for Telecare for years. It has always been a "good" place to work until 2 years ago: At that time, one of the programs had their employees "unionize". The CEO Anne Bakar is terrified of the union because in a previous attempt to unionize, the union harassed her and her family (at her home). As a response to the unionization of one telecare program, the company has been holding "focus groups" whereby, the employees get to talk about whatever they don't like about management. these focus groups are being used to fire management without any recourse. District Managers are being instructed to "purge" management (and happy to do so because it draws attention away from their inability to do their own jobs - or they are ashamed of this unprofessional, and reactionary "policy" ). I have been doing this as a professional for over 25 years. I have never seen this type of management style (and for good reason!). Bottom line is: Telecare is a scary place to work right now, the CEO is operating from a fear-based position. That position has made her (and Telecare) a highly unstable company to work for.

Stop making decisions based upon Union fear. Remember you have a population to serve - you can't (and won't) serve them if you keep treating your people this way. Poor management starts at the top.

22 Other Employee Reviews for Telecare Corporation (View Most Recent)

Best Company Ever hands down

Current Employee - Mental HEalth Employee in Alameda, CA
    Current Employee - Mental HEalth Employee in Alameda, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's so nice to work for a company that actually cares about the community
    so often you find these kinds of companies who have these mission statements but never truly follow through. Telecare is NOT that company. I love working here.

Cons

I wish i got paid more...but who doesn't. that's just a part of the mental health system.
    I have to have a 20 word minimum but honestly the only thing there is to complain about is the PAY. which i blame medicaid for. sooo. not much else to say.

Unprofessional

Current Employee - PSC in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - PSC in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I am able to gain work experience

Cons

Unprofessional co-workers & managers, biased managers that promote friends over other employees that have more experience and/or education. Benefits and pay are lower than other similar companies in the area.

Less lip service & more action, when problems are reported.

There are newer employer reviews for Telecare Corporation