There are newer employer reviews for Telecare Corporation

Want to really make a difference and feel good? Work at Telecare.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Alameda, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation

Pros

Telecare is a place where people can do really good, heartfelt work that matters -- really matters. Everything we do either directly or indirectly helps people with mental illness, and that's something I feel great about. We are all treated like family -- sometimes good, sometimes not, but it's never 'corporate-y' -- I always feel like an individual and very appreciated.

Cons

If you are not a clinical person, sometimes it can be difficult to find ways to advance. That's because although we are a large company, the corporate/administration side is actually very small. However, if you are a clinical person, there is lots of room to advance.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Seriously. The people in senior management really care about this work; it's kind of wonderful to be a part of.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

poor management

Former Employee - Personal Service Coordinator in Unknown (Bangladesh)
    Former Employee - Personal Service Coordinator in Unknown (Bangladesh)

I worked at Telecare Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Interacting with the clients is the best part of the job. I think the recovery philosophy is beneficial to a lot of the clients.

Cons

There aren't enough clinicians or therapists for clients, only paraprofessional staff. Low pay. Management is bogged down by administrative tasks and do not provide much supervision. I didn't grow a lot professionally.

Advice to Management

Hire therapists and increase clinical skills of staff

Apathetic Management: Truth is Lip Service is not Action

Current Employee - Director of Nursing
    Current Employee - Director of Nursing

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Its a job and everyone needs a job. Facility is located close to living space.

Cons

Management is apathetic and unprofessional. Total lack of professional courtesy and leadership. Benefits are sub par with little to no room for advancement. Corporate talks a good game but endgame is all talk and no action for improvement.

Advice to Management

Hire qualified individuals, not someone that you know and gave a promotion without merit. Its okay to hire Caucasians that are male and have not only the minimum requirements but are over qualified for the position. I think they can do the job better than a minimum qualified individual with little to no real experience in the discipline.