Telecare Corporation

www.telecarecorp.com

A great place to work; better if the departments would get out of their silo.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsTelecare is a fast growing mental healthcare company that specializes in helping adults with mental impairments reach their full potential. This is a company that appears to be committed to the well-being of the people they serve. They focus on quality of care first, employee morale second, and profits third. I have experienced many instances where the most important thing is the what is best for the person being served even when there is significant costs involved.

The company is in five states and growth presents many opportunities for advancement which can be rare in the mental health field. They pride themselves for promoting from with in the company.

There is a high involvement culture from management and I have always felt supported and encouraged to take risks and grow as a professional. The company appears to be very well respected in the mental health community and they have been apart of major developments in the field over the last 40 years.

ConsBecause the company is so spread out geographically, it sometimes feels a bit disjointed. For example, new initiatives can be cumbersome to roll out or policy decisions may seem haphazard because they have no relevance. There seems to be limited options for advancement beyond the administrator level.

Departments seem to be at odds at times. For example, the HR and Finance departments sometimes "wag the dog." It appears the Finance and IT department have had difficulties keeping key personnel who seem to leave for bigger companies. Further, leadership of these departments seem disconnected from the Operations Department.

Advice to Senior ManagementVisit the programs outside of the Bay Area. Increase base salaries to keep key personnel. Reconsider having members of the Executive Committee also be members of the Board of Directors.

Want to really make a difference and feel good? Work at Telecare.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Alameda, CA

I have been working at Telecare Corporation

Pros: Telecare is a place where people can do really good, heartfelt work that matters -- really matters. Everything we do either directly or indirectly helps… Cons: If you are not a clinical person, sometimes it can be difficult to find ways to advance. That's because although we are a… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work! Seriously. The people in senior management really… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Apathetic Management: Truth is Lip Service is not Action

Director of Nursing (Current Employee)

I have been working at Telecare Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros: Its a job and everyone needs a job. Facility… Cons: Management is apathetic and unprofessional. Total lack of professional courtesy and leadership. Benefits are sub par with little… Advice to Senior Management: Hire qualified individuals, not someone that you know and gave a promotion without merit. Its okay to hire Caucasians that are male and have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Telecare Corporation.

Worked for Telecare Corporation? Contribute to the Community!