Teledyne Technologies

www.teledyne.com
  www.teledyne.com
There are newer employer reviews for Teledyne Technologies

A stable but somewhat burecratic place to work...

Current Employee - Engineer in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Teledyne Technologies

Pros

It's a growing company and the work is interesting

Cons

Lack of long term vision

Decide on a vision and strategy and focus; Celebrate on small victories; Avoid bureacracy and paper work

48 Other Employee Reviews for Teledyne Technologies (View Most Recent)

Teledyne Controls - A Great Place To Work!

Current Employee - Systems Engineer II in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer II in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Teledyne Technologies

Pros

The People are awesome to work with. Its just about a family oriented business, meaning that you are treated like family within the company. Great opportunities for for growth and learning. Management is really helpful when suggesting class's to take to increase your knowledge and skills. Management helps you to achieve your goals and supports your learning within the various projects you are assigned to. We have onsight dinning facility that serves up some good food. The last few years the holiday parties were awesome, giving away some great prizes like 42in flat panel tv's and trips for two on a cruise ship. Our clients and customers are great and we work very well with them and them with us.

Cons

Being an Aerospace company in a down market is not the best thing for a company like ours. As were high aviation fuel costs. We had some layoffs but only about 4 or 5%, we are hoping for no more of that for 2009. All in all its a great company to work for.

To get more involved in the companies projects and see what your engineers are actually doing before making up your mind that engineers are not doing there jobs.

Look elsewhere for good vacations and fair job reviews.

Former Employee - Technologist II in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Technologist II in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Teledyne Technologies

Pros

Some good job locations and good technical challenges.

Cons

Little paid holidays; penalized for concatenating earned vacation time with paid holidays.

Give true feedback; do not engage in character assassination to support dissatisfaction with job performance goals reached.

There are newer employer reviews for Teledyne Technologies