There are newer employer reviews for Telefónica

Great conditions, poor career development.

Current Employee - Engineer in Madrid (Spain)
Current Employee - Engineer in Madrid (Spain)

I have been working at Telefónica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place in terms of working hours, salary, benefits and pressure. Company with a presence in 20 countries, so it is possible to relocate. Superb office and good work atmosphere.

Cons

Very large company, few opportunities to make an impact on your own. Poor career development, as you are assigned a task and can be doing that for ages. Even though it has presence in many countries, it does not operate as a multinational, but pretty much as local companies bundled together.

Other Employee Reviews for Telefónica

1. Great company and wonderful colleagues - Telefonica O2 Czech Republic

Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Marketing Analyst in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at Telefónica part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was lucky to work with amazing colleagues who were always willing to share their knowledge and know-how with me. I didn´t work that hard and my salary was more than competitive.Company bonuses are exceptional.

Cons

it was quite difficult to get promotion or get an important point across. My boss ignored my opinion and rather listened to senior workers even though their ideas weren´t always that clever.

Advice to Management

Give young and motivated workers more space for develompent .

2. Terrible team

Former Employee - Marketing in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Marketing in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Telefónica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice culture overall (just not in the team I was working in) and work life balance. The office is nice and it is a cool industry.

Cons

The team I worked with was full of backstabbing pretentious people who knew nothing about how to make a new business work. They tried to create office politics to cover the fact that they lacked the talent to be able to do their job properly. The project we were working on was exciting, it is a pity the team were always so negative and clueless. Manager just clocked in and out and had no idea how to build team morale. Her solution was for people to work from home on different days so we could avoid seeing each other.

Advice to Management

Senior management should hire team managers who can solve problems instead of shying away from addressing them.