Terrible team

Former Employee - Marketing in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
Former Employee - Marketing in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Telefónica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice culture overall (just not in the team I was working in) and work life balance. The office is nice and it is a cool industry.

Cons

The team I worked with was full of backstabbing pretentious people who knew nothing about how to make a new business work. They tried to create office politics to cover the fact that they lacked the talent to be able to do their job properly. The project we were working on was exciting, it is a pity the team were always so negative and clueless. Manager just clocked in and out and had no idea how to build team morale. Her solution was for people to work from home on different days so we could avoid seeing each other.

Advice to Management

Senior management should hire team managers who can solve problems instead of shying away from addressing them.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

For the once great O2 things are changing

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I have been working at Telefónica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

To be honest I'd say the people still make it and there is great flexibility, so working from home is not a problem

Cons

Things are getting a bit tight, so look forward to getting some pretty old kit, out of date software and they don't appear to be investing in either people or equipment

Advice to Management

Focus on the customer, not just the brand. Invest in kit to equip and empower your staff to do great work as they want to.

2. Very good

I worked at Telefónica

Pros

Plenty of earning opportunity and was able to progress to assistant branch manager within eighteen months. Very supportive team too.

Cons

Faceless organisation where if you work in the extremities then you don't get a look-in from senior management. Before I left they started to squeeze rewards structure and their mystery shopping should never have been the decider on whether a bonus is paid or not. It put too much pressure on staff.

Advice to Management

Review staff rewards and client feedback models.