There are newer employer reviews for Teleflora

Was a great a place to to work once, but took a turn with new management

I worked at Teleflora

Pros

Beautiful offices
On site boot camp
Amazing cafeteria
Free water
Brand recognition
Discount on flowers

Cons

Working on holidays
Lack of opportunities
Management played favorites
Resnick spending out of control

A few years back, Teleflora was wonderful to work for, but as the story goes, new management was brought in while the leaders we loved were fired or left. Everyone there was smart and hardworking but there were clear favorites. Consultants from the internal consulting group almost always filled any senior level positions, the rest of us had no hope. The worker bees got 2-3% raises while senior management had a retreat in Switzerland! No joke! It got hard because we realized there was no moving up. The politics were tough too. People often had to stay in the office for hours, many admitted they werent even doing anything but they dared not leave early and risk others hearing about it. And of course, there were the execs who strolled in 11 left at 3. One of them even had their employees work on personal assignments during work hours. It really became too much. I left because I wanted to grow my carreer, but many many more left because the office became a miserable place. Depending on what level your coming in at or which department I may or not recommend Teleflora. It was hit and miss, but overall people becoming very unhappy and leaving left and right. And Shawn Weidmann quit too.

37 Other Employee Reviews for Teleflora (View Most Recent)

Fun Place To Work With Plenty Of Perks

Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Seasonal Sales Associate in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Teleflora

Pros

This is my second time working for Teleflora, and I must say that both times I've been lucky enough to see some of the perks of being a seasonal employee, such as prizes for meeting goals in your department, rewards for exceeding what is expected of you (like the $1/hr bonus I got for meeting attendance expectations, or the gift cards I got for handling an excessive amount of orders during the holiday rush), and contests with prizes on occasion.

The "everyday" perks of the job include a smoke-free environment, free drinks (coffee and soda), a flexible schedule, casual dress code, regular pay, and competitive pay rates. Many of the employees (whether seasonal, year-round, or management) are very friendly and are willing to help you with anything you are having trouble with.

If you are lucky enough to get hired on as an actual employee, there are even BETTER benefits, such as Dental/Vision/Health insurance, the Employee Assistance Program, and on-site gym (with an in-house fitness trainer).

Cons

Teleflora is a call center, so that means most of the "cons" of this job are actually pretty standard for the industry. Most of the jobs are either sales or service, both of which are highly stressful. If you're in service, you are dealing with angry customers (because they rarely call in to compliment us, of course) or frustrated/stressed florists. If you're in sales, you're stressed out about meeting sales goals because your levels determine if you're able to stay employed or not.

During holidays/high call volume days, breaks (already shorter than other companies) may be cut off altogether, although management normally tries to make up for it by bringing food in... In my experience with this attempt, though... I would have been better off with a sandwich than the food they provided. Days off and vacation days may also be unavailable during these times.

Teleflora has an extremely strict attendance policy, as well as a policy on the use of cellular phones on the premises. As breaks are so short as to cause most employees to take their breaks at their desks, cell phones are pretty much banned from the property because they are not allowed in most areas of the building - even on breaks.

Training is a little bit haphazard - most of what I was taught in training classes I had already learned on the floor by the time I was put in a training class for it.

Hire new employees a month or more in advance, and use the time to train them properly without the stress and confusion of a holiday rush. Require them to learn EVERY department before being put out on the floor, so that an agent who is in one department but receives a call from another department (which happens all the time) can handle it immediately without having to appear as clueless as they really are.

Although I understand that several qualified people can train, not every one is an adequate trainer. Please make sure the trainers go through training on how to be a trainer - because a poor trainer will mean a new employee is at a disadvantage before they have even started. I would love to see new employees have a "testing" period for at least a week before they are "let loose". This would be a lot easier if they were not starting just before a holiday rush.

I learnt a lot but I am pleased it is over.

I worked at Teleflora

Pros

Great benefits: dental and vision included as well as the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) which is a wonderful program. Beautiful building with breathtaking artwork, almost like working at in a gallery. Great people ... for the most part. When I worked there, we created a solidarity amongst the ranks to cope with the craziness of the environment.

Cons

Exceedingly high pressure, unpredictable environment. VERY high turn-over in management. Lack of respect of a person's right to a life outside of the office.

Try putting yourself in the shoes of your employees AND your member florists. Try working for a few days in a flower shop to see the realities of their lives and just how demanding and difficult it is.

There are newer employer reviews for Teleflora