There are newer employer reviews for Telefund

Be apart of the progressive movement.

Current Employee - Assistant Call Center Director
Current Employee - Assistant Call Center Director

I have been working at Telefund full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-work with other likeminded progressive people. -learn to manage a diverse staff both as a team and individually -fun office environment -work on behalf of leading progressive organizations, sometimes they visit the office.

Cons

-long hours -fundraising is never easy and goals are set high -the diverse staff at times can be challenging

Advice to Management

All members of the Telefund team work a ton of hours. Most people stay because they believe in what they are doing AND they enjoy the challenge. My advice is to continue to promote those that work the hardest and give small perks (they make all the difference).

Other Employee Reviews for Telefund

Sparked my Passion for Progressive causes and organizations!!!

Former Employee - Assistant Call Center Director in Santa Barbara, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Call Center Director in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at Telefund full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

*Feel good about the fact that you're contributing to good causes *Learn a lot about current issues affecting everyone; environmental, political, social etc. *Opportunity to master foundational sales/ customer service and relation skills * Very Flexible scheduling part time hours, perfect for students *Performance based incentives i.e. bonus+raises for exceeding goals/quota *Automated calls and Scripted pitch to guide you through each call *Rewards for being a dedicated employee i.e. year end bonuses

Cons

*Its FUNDRAISING OVER THE PHONE, which can be very challenging for many people. It certainly was for me, in the beginning, but I rose to the challenge & learned invaluable skills I will have for life * Management is over-worked and under-paid, which puts undue stress on them, sometimes causing friction between management/ staff and in-turn can cause issues in staff/ member relations. *TONS of pressure and stress from upper upper management and organizations to perform well. Although, as a regular staff Fundraiser, you won't feel the brunt of this pressure, but you will be aware of it *As with most fundraising ventures, very high turnover

Advice to Management

DEMAND A RAISE!!! I was the Assistant director of one of the offices for over a year, and I worked 50-60 hours a week, sometimes 6 days a week. I was making Significantly less money, on a per hour basis, than a regular employee because my salary was so low. Point is, You Work hard and you deserve it! Look at Doug Phelps, the guy who started Telefund, he owns multi-million dollar homes, yatchs etc. That does not seem progressive to me.

A decent short-term income supplement that requires you to look the other way in every aspect.

I have been working at Telefund full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule. Easy hiring process. Minimal commitment.

Cons

The pay is dismal. The company profits from the weak and poor, and lacks the management capabilities to rid the company of fraudulent, unethical and misleading business practices.

Advice to Management

Encourage and support your employees. Give them incentives to stay and become team players. Create policies that are standard and non-wavering across the board. Reward and properly compensate your employees in leadership roles. Do more to boost morale and integrity.