Telefund

www.telefund.com

Have fun, raise money, flexible hours

Current Employee - Fundraiser  in  Austin, TX
Current Employee - Fundraiser in Austin, TX

Pros

Flexible hours, awesome campaigns, like minded people in the workplace, you can move up to be a trainer or supervisor or a director

Cons

It's really not as bad as some people have reviewed on here. Yes, the atmosphere can get charged and intense - we talk to people about gay rights, women's rights, etc and all of that is highly exciting right now. The only con I will say is that they evaluate pay way too often, every 80 hours.

Hire more people! I like it when the office is buzzing and you have to talk a little louder to people on the phone.

Other reviews for Telefund

Be apart of the progressive movement.

Current Employee - Assistant Call Center Director
    Current Employee - Assistant Call Center Director

Pros

-work with other likeminded progressive people.
    -learn to manage a diverse staff both as a team and individually
    -fun office environment
    -work on behalf of leading progressive organizations, sometimes they visit the office.

Cons

-long hours
    -fundraising is never easy and goals are set high
    -the diverse staff at times can be challenging

All members of the Telefund team work a ton of hours. Most people stay because they believe in what they are doing AND they enjoy the challenge. My advice is to continue to promote those that work the hardest and give small perks (they make all the difference).

Sparked my Passion for Progressive causes and organizations!!!

Former Employee - Assistant Call Center Director  in  Santa Barbara, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Call Center Director in Santa Barbara, CA

Pros

*Feel good about the fact that you're contributing to good causes
    *Learn a lot about current issues affecting everyone; environmental, political, social etc.
    *Opportunity to master foundational sales/ customer service and relation skills
    * Very Flexible scheduling part time hours, perfect for students
    *Performance based incentives i.e. bonus+raises for exceeding goals/quota
    *Automated calls and Scripted pitch to guide you through each call
    *Rewards for being a dedicated employee i.e. year end bonuses

Cons

*Its FUNDRAISING OVER THE PHONE, which can be very challenging for many people. It certainly was for me, in the beginning, but I rose to the challenge & learned invaluable skills I will have for life

* Management is over-worked and under-paid, which puts undue stress on them, sometimes causing friction between management/ staff and in-turn can cause issues in staff/ member relations.

*TONS of pressure and stress from upper upper management and organizations to perform well. Although, as a regular staff Fundraiser, you won't feel the brunt of this pressure, but you will be aware of it

*As with most fundraising ventures, very high turnover

DEMAND A RAISE!!! I was the Assistant director of one of the offices for over a year, and I worked 50-60 hours a week, sometimes 6 days a week. I was making Significantly less money, on a per hour basis, than a regular employee because my salary was so low. Point is, You Work hard and you deserve it! Look at Doug Phelps, the guy who started Telefund, he owns multi-million dollar homes, yatchs etc. That does not seem progressive to me.

There are newer employer reviews for Telefund.

Worked for Telefund? Contribute to the Community!