Telefund

www.telefund.com
  www.telefund.com
There are newer employer reviews for Telefund

Have fun, raise money, flexible hours

Current Employee - Fundraiser in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Fundraiser in Austin, TX

I have been working at Telefund part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours, awesome campaigns, like minded people in the workplace, you can move up to be a trainer or supervisor or a director

Cons

It's really not as bad as some people have reviewed on here. Yes, the atmosphere can get charged and intense - we talk to people about gay rights, women's rights, etc and all of that is highly exciting right now. The only con I will say is that they evaluate pay way too often, every 80 hours.

Hire more people! I like it when the office is buzzing and you have to talk a little louder to people on the phone.

26 Other Employee Reviews for Telefund (View Most Recent)

Very inspiring and the energy is contagious

Current Employee - Caller
    Current Employee - Caller

I have been working at Telefund part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have learned and continue to learn so much just exactly what's going on in our society. This knowledge goes way beyond what we see in everyday media. It's a combination of using the best of your heart and head to help get progressive things done for this country

Cons

It's a job and it's not always easy, but it's inspiring working with people who care about the causes and the donors are amazing, I promise, they'll give you hope, in fact proof, that a lot of people really do care

Good if you're really into the issues

Former Employee - Caller
    Former Employee - Caller

I worked at Telefund part-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's cool to just talk about politics to people all day if that's what you sometimes do anyway (for free). Good people working there, and they have lots of 'fun' things to participate in.

Cons

It's frustrating when people are rude on the phone and it can wear you down. Some callers get really bent out of shape when donors are rude or hang up, and if that's you this is probably not a good job for you.

Make sure that training is good for everyone so everyone has an equal shot.

There are newer employer reviews for Telefund