There are newer employer reviews for Telegraph Media Group

Good digital product push, OK workload, low morale company culture, lack of career progression opportunity

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Telegraph Media Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good push for digital product development - Some nice and dynamic people to work with - Nice environment - Liberal work attire - Nice Christmas parties

Cons

- Lack of career progression or staff skillset development - Unstructured teams and processes - Lack of business transparency - Too much departmental and individual politics, therefore don't tend to work as a team and help each other - Low morale company culture - Low salary that are below market average (except for some Sales persons) - Incompetent individuals - High staff turnover

Advice to Management

People make the company - don't focus too much on annual revenue targets - pay attention to technology and and recognise resource needs to make the business grow and in turn, retain high caliber staff.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Telegraph.co.uk

I worked at Telegraph Media Group

Pros

I worked at the Telegraph online department for a year and a half. It was very interesting and my colleagues were all dynamic individuals. They seemed committed to innovation and providing a top notch product.

Cons

Sometimes I felt the drive to increase website traffic clouded editorial decisions. Also, during a period of cutbacks I thought management treated the casual workers unfairly (but I may be biased).

Advice to Management

Don't compromise the caliber of the content of the website in the hunt for extra clicks.

2. Excellent internship

Former Intern - Washington Bureau in Washington, DC
    Former Intern - Washington Bureau in Washington, DC

I worked at Telegraph Media Group as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Tons of opportunities to chase stories and hone reporting skills. Interns are given a lot of responsibility and assumed to have a high competence level. Journalists in DC office are excellent and great mentors.

Cons

Some administrative work, but that's to be expected. Internships are not extended beyond their one semester term

Advice to Management

Allow your interns to stay with the organization and grow; offer paid internships