Telegraph Media Group

www.telegraph.co.uk
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Telegraph Media Group

Telegraph.co.uk

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at Telegraph Media Group

Pros

I worked at the Telegraph online department for a year and a half. It was very interesting and my colleagues were all dynamic individuals. They seemed committed to innovation and providing a top notch product.

Cons

Sometimes I felt the drive to increase website traffic clouded editorial decisions. Also, during a period of cutbacks I thought management treated the casual workers unfairly (but I may be biased).

Don't compromise the caliber of the content of the website in the hunt for extra clicks.

21 Other Employee Reviews for Telegraph Media Group (View Most Recent)

Excellent internship

Former Intern - Washington Bureau in Washington, DC
    Former Intern - Washington Bureau in Washington, DC

I worked at Telegraph Media Group as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Tons of opportunities to chase stories and hone reporting skills. Interns are given a lot of responsibility and assumed to have a high competence level. Journalists in DC office are excellent and great mentors.

Cons

Some administrative work, but that's to be expected. Internships are not extended beyond their one semester term

Allow your interns to stay with the organization and grow; offer paid internships

Given room for creativity but not always willing to recognise and remunerate time spent working.

Former Contractor - Video Journalist in London, England (UK)
    Former Contractor - Video Journalist in London, England (UK)

I worked at Telegraph Media Group as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

I work freelance on assignment outside the UK and my own opinions on how to pursue a story have always been respected by commissioning editors.

Cons

Producing a story inevitably takes longer than the time for which commissioning editors are willing to pay.

Recognise that video stories with high production values do take time to edit. This extra time is often rewarded with a greater number of viewers.

There are newer employer reviews for Telegraph Media Group