Teleperformance

There are newer employer reviews for Teleperformance

Worst training

Former Employee - Verizon Project in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Verizon Project in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Teleperformance full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Casual Dressing, okay pay, good benefits

Cons

not good enough pay, to much to remember in 7 weeks of "training"

check up on trainers a lot more, we spent most of the time just sitting there and watching tv shows for the last hour and a half every day of training.!!! plus gave out answers while taking the test.

765 Other Employee Reviews for Teleperformance (View Most Recent)

Great starting point. You gain knowledge of how corporations work. High turnover

Former Employee - Supervisor in Albany, GA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Albany, GA

I worked at Teleperformance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Starting pay is decent. Training is minimum wage but once you hit production you are paid $9.25/hour. A supervisor makes approximately $23000/yr before bonus and are salaried employees. Bonuses are about $1000-2000 yearly. Managers and Assistant Call Center Managers are paid about $26,000/yr before bonus and are salaried. Bonuses are about $1000-$3000/yr.

Based on location, there can be easy advancement opportunity if you are motivated and the client has a range of positions available.

The hours are typically good. 95% of the employees are scheduled full-time, the rest chose part-time.

The people you meet along the way are awesome.

It provides great job experience.

The work environment is ok, and employees are provided 2 paid 15 minute breaks and one unpaid 30 minute lunch. Supervisors are alloted an hour lunch but are scheduled for an additional 30 minutes.

The Benefits are ok. Dental, Vision, and Medical insurance are provided. Administrative insurance is better but is only provided to Supervisor and above.

The Call Center Manager works to provide perks to employees to keep them motivated. Game systems, gift cards, to ipads are given away, on a monthly or bi-monthly basis.

Cons

Stress levels are extremely high for everyone. From the agent level to Call Center Manager. This job is guaranteed to bring stress into your life, almost on a daily basis.

There is a lack of communication in all departments. One head doesn't know what the other head is doing for a week later. By then most agents have been held accountable for a policy they weren't even were aware existed.

There is a pay cap for agents. It used to be $11/hour but I believe it was taken down to $9.25 unless you advance. Supervisors do not get their annual reviews on time, ever. If they are lucky enough to get one, it may not even result in a pay raise.

Accountability seems to be the key motivator for this job as any day you come in you are likely to be written up for something. This job is about producing results, not the effort put in. Some people are able to perform great consistently, but not the majority in the Albany area.

Listen to your agents and subordinates and make reasonable adjustments.

Remove pay caps. That just stupid and doesn't give someone a reason to drive to be better. If someone is paid the same for 3 years why perform anything but at minimum consistency.

Motivate by being positive. Accountability only works for so long.

Show your employees you CARE by your actions.

Average dead end job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Teleperformance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

EXTREMELY easy going. I don't need someone on my back to do my work so this worked well for me. Very flexible schedules. Encourage going to school and hold school/college fairs quite often. My ACCM is an awesome person!

If you are hard worker supervisors pretty much leave you alone.

For the best money avoid clothing departments. Go for tech type positions, credit cards, or other companies.

The actual HR team is awesome! (from my experience)

Cons

Pay is horrible! Nothing here pays what the job is worth. Even the upper-level jobs dont pay worth while. The company likes to be money greedy, (also the companies you will work for dont like to give out money).

Also, dont bother moving up in the company, they have a bad habbit of demoting without any valid reason. Had me doing work for a specific upper-level job, only to turn around and take my pay, but not tell me till after i completed the work. I was great at what i was doing and they had no valid reason for demoting me. But this has heppened to many other people that have worked here. Even people that have worked with a promotion for years (and successfully).

Extremely high turn over rate. I am the only employee still here from my training class. Also, TP goes on firing freezes so upper management can collect bonuses. Then they will turn around and go fire happy and fire people without a valid reason, or will fire for the smallest mistake. Some people are smart enough to see how crappy the company is and leaves asap.

They aren't very selective on who they hire. You work with some rediculous peolple at times, especially during the hiring season of sept-january. Dont worry, they will all be fired or leave. Fist fights have broken out on the call floor mulitple times (though they are usually fired immediately for it). Many people use drugs but are fired immediately when the company finds out.

GET IT TOGETHER! management get on the same page on every issue. Stop moving people up only to take it away. Stop caring so much about your bonuses over your employees and their well-being. Make more sound decision that you dont have to go back on. Stop hiring rediculous people. START DRUG TESTING as part of the hiring process.

There are newer employer reviews for Teleperformance