Teleperformance

www.teleperformance.com

just no

Current Employee - Retention Representative  in  Fairborn, OH
Current Employee - Retention Representative in Fairborn, OH

Pros

pay is okay, no physical requirements

Cons

sit in a chiar for 8 hrs, headset uncomfortable, after a yr they will find a way to fire you.

stop sleeping with agents, and firing people when they hit limit of raises to hire more people to pay less!

Other reviews for Teleperformance

Inconsistent, nepotistic, disorganized....

Former Employee - Agent  in  Abilene, TX
    Former Employee - Agent in Abilene, TX

Pros

Well, it's somewhat stable work, and at times can be a very enjoyable place. Beyond that, you make $9+ to sit on your butt all day and answer calls. Not a bad job if you're okay with either staying in the same position indefinitely or being a suck-up to promote.

Cons

You're sitting on your butt all day and answering calls, which can get tedious. The management/supervisors don't enforce many policies until the client points out that the issue has gotten out of hand, or in the case of guidelines/procedures set forth by the client, don't KNOW the policies until agents call them out on it, at which case, the agent is regarded as a know-it-all and overstepping their bounds.
    Preferential treatment regarding promotions seemed to be a big issue when I worked there. The biggest kissasses and those who were in close with the existing managers were the ones that got better positions. I was employee of the month twice, and given a quarterly award twice for attendance and performance in key metrics over the course of one year, yet after 10+ attempts to promote beyond "agent," I got an internal interview once, and was promptly rejected for lack of confidence. Interestingly, the person who got promoted instead of me had at one point been on their "final warning" for poor attendance, never received any accolades for quality assurance scores, etc. My suspicion is that I got passed over for any other position because they needed good handle times, QA scores, and someone to fix all the little mistakes that would've otherwise cost a number of jobs. Because that's more important than a trainer or supervisor that can teach people how to succeed.
    Quality Assurance analysts seem to pick and choose if they don't like you, setting you up for failure by ensuring that they only review your worst calls.
    More often than not, one hand doesn't know what the other is doing there, and as a result a lot of things don't get done as they should.

Stop with the distracting behavior, shouting, etc while agents are taking calls. Enforce policy consistently instead of once the client points out it's an issue. Fix the place up a bit and start holding people accountable for damage to equipment and the building. Don't give your top performers recognition as such and then give them no real opportunity to promote.

Nice start out for those with no experience but draining.

Former Employee - Call Center Agent
    Former Employee - Call Center Agent

Pros

Flexible schedules and nice co-workers. The best part about the job was coworkers, some of which became my good friends and was able during my duration to have my schedule changed four times to fit my routine.

Cons

Excessive rules and policies: you cannot have any personal items at your cubicle and /or have new rules or new training aid, had to be able to finish a call with in a time frame.

Weird computer glitches & sluggish computers: The staff and management states that the computers are left on for quality purposes but they still glitch and freeze taking much longer than it should to help a customer and cannot accept your password and have go through a password reset which could take 5 minutes or two hours - This was my caveat, to look at other options.

Instant changes on demand: In the last four months of me working there, Most of the rules/protocol on how to take a call was updated within in weeks, the division was cut and about 30 agents were released with a some supervisors too.

There are newer employer reviews for Teleperformance.

Worked for Teleperformance? Contribute to the Community!