Teletronics Technology Corporation

www.ttcdas.com
Unclaimed Profile

Pretty Solid Company To Work For

I have been working at Teletronics Technology Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid, stable company. Lot's of work, reasonable schedules, leading edge technology. Great people to work with. Good benefits such as time off (sometimes they give days off unexpectedly or allow you to leave early), bonuses(small), still give out raises every year, great Christmas party!

Cons

Basically all upper management are founders, very littte turnover so not a lot of career growyh opportunities. Company communication is very limited. Hardly ever know how our products are doing - good or bad - once they are shipped. Company could spend more on tools, software, equip, etc.

Advice to Management

Communicate more with your employees, celebrate milestones such as product successes. Let the rank and file know when customers are happy (or even unhappy). Give employees better tools and equipment to do their jobs.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Very good. Formed the Contracts Department.

Former Employee - Contracts Manager in Newtown, PA
    Former Employee - Contracts Manager in Newtown, PA

I worked at Teletronics Technology Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Had a good relationship with the staff and customers. Established the Contracts Department, using the skills that I had acquired in the field over the years and from former, current and military education. Started the Department as a one person operation and later acquired employees to assist with the common functions of the Department, while I handled the more complex functions of the Company. The larger more complex contracts, terms and conditions, negotiations with the buyers and their legal team. Negotiated price and type of contract firm-fixed, cost plus, etc. Made sure that All international contracts were in compliance with the ITAR, Department of State and Department of Commerce Regulations. Attended seminars, took certificate classed to make sure that I stayed up to date on current regulations and procedures. Did staff training to ensure compliance with government regulations and all internal ISO procedures.

Cons

Time-off policies were standard for an engineering/manufacturing company. The longer you were there the more time off you would accrue. Everybody received a combination of five personal and sick days. Generally I worked about a ten hour day, so my President & CEO occasionally gave me comp. time.

Advice to Management

Spend time listening to the employees.

2. Difficult place to work

Former Employee - Hardware Engineer in Newtown, PA
    Former Employee - Hardware Engineer in Newtown, PA

I worked at Teletronics Technology Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the work they do is really interesting and fairly advanced. There are also a number of talented employees there.

Cons

Upper management seems completely out of touch with the employees. The CEO rules with an iron fist, treating workers like children.

Advice to Management

For long term growth, I think the company would do well to bring in a new CEO with better leadership skills.