Tellabs Operations
www.tellabs.com Naperville, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good learning opportunities, stagnant growth.

Staff Engineer (Current Employee)
Naperville, IL

I have been working at Tellabs Operations full-time for more than 10 years

ProsLarge corp. engineering lab tools and training. Diverse knowledge across eng. staff allows for good collaboration. Management generally supports time to design reliable products.

Cons12 years of continuous downsizing prohibits job growth or moving around within company, raises/bonuses tied to corp. performance which has meant none.

Advice to Senior ManagementCorporate strategy tends toward chasing opportunities already at their peak rather then planning for long-term. Many projects started and then canceled due to missing market window. Hoping to see new managers brought in with fresh ideas.

Death by a Thousand Cuts

Naperville, IL

I have been working at Tellabs Operations full-time

Pros: Some good people remain, flexible working arrangements and the company competes in product areas that many global… Cons: Market share in key segments continues to erode. Company is very reactive and risk averse. No real longer term strategy or vision; the corporate strategy… Advice to Senior Management: Identify a longer term strategy and commit - be bold! You have about exhausted all your credibility and your runway to drive real change gets… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good for a transition phase

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Tellabs Operations as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Nice cafe and clean facility. Cons: Poor middle management in Facilities. Clique mentality rewards groveling. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Tellabs Operations.

Worked for Tellabs Operations? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tellabs Operations reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tellabs Operations CEO Patrick DiPietro. All reviews posted anonymously by Tellabs Operations employees.