Tellabs
www.tellabs.com Naperville, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Potential to succeed, eroded by poor management and execution.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Naperville, IL

I worked at Tellabs

ProsVery fair work/life balance. Staff and mid-tier management are caring and supportive. Many opportunities to make an impact, as the company is struggling.

ConsExecutive management lacks leadership and execution ability. 'Old boy' network promotes friends over performance and effort. Overall, the company can not last long on the path it has gone down.

Tellabs has new IT leadership that is arrogant and uninformed! Once they outsource the IT Dept. the company will fail.

IT Employee (Current Employee)
Naperville, IL

I have been working at Tellabs

Pros: Started out a great place to work. When the times were good and the money was rolling in it… Cons: Promotions are for brown-nosers only now. People that started out as college interns and only been there 5 years are being turned into Directors! People… Advice to Senior Management: Stop trying to outsource something that you know NOTHING about.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Overall a good compay

Manufacturing (Current Employee)
Bolingbrook, IL

I have been working at Tellabs

Pros: Good Benefits, good culture. Some very good people work at Tellabs.… Cons: I was laid off, Tellabs moved almost all manufacturing to… Advice to Senior Management: Develop middle management talent with character. The trend these days is to promote… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Tellabs.

Worked for Tellabs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tellabs reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tellabs CEO Daniel P. Kelly. All reviews posted anonymously by Tellabs employees.