Great place to work

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager
Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager

I worked at Tellabs full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

My coworkers were like family to me. Very friendly and happy to work together. Everyone had that "I have your back" attitude for the most part. I really miss working there. The benefits package was very generous. While slow at times, I preferred the planning process and implementation tactics compared to other places I've worked.

Cons

When the economy fell apart of course morale decreased. This was very difficult and the company did all it could to keep as many employees as possible as well as keep stockholders happy.

Other Employee Reviews for Tellabs

1. was a nice place to work in the early 2000's

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Tellabs as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

nice people..can learn a lot from them

Cons

no growth..low morale in the company with people watching their backs at all times

What happens when you have east coast mentality trying to enter a west coast dominated field

Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Tellabs full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The Santa Clara team is an exceptional team with highly talented individuals, the likes of which are slim in the valley. Great set of employees to work with and what a fun filled and challenging environment. Loved my 8 yrs of "working" there. This i Say because of the people and the product. great "Was" an ideal place to learn about the indust

Cons

The single star review is because no matter how good a product or engineering team you have it really does not matter when you don't have a visionary running the company. - Started off by lack of vision with top management and that never changed even with multiple restructuring CEO changes - Then things got slimy with BoD getting greedy. - Sales team has no clue. Does not know how to sell a product.

Advice to Management

Advice can only be given to people who are listening. Everyone including the management knows that they are preparing to shut it down. Anything else that is conveyed to employees or shareholders is sadly not the truth.