Telmate

www.telmate.com
  www.telmate.com
There are newer employer reviews for Telmate

a very cool company where the work done has a [real] social benefit

I have been working at Telmate full-time (less than an year)

Pros

We do THE most interesting, fast-paced, Ruby on Rails development, we build giant data clusters, refine touch screen UIs, tweak MP3 recording quality, train voice-to-text agents, all in the same day.

It's a mature start up - what more could you ask for? The CEO has a clear vision and loves to hang out with us

Cons

Never a boring day around here

At the rate we have been growing... time for a bigger place soon!!!

15 Other Employee Reviews for Telmate (View Most Recent)

I found work heaven...

Current Employee - IT Support in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - IT Support in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Telmate full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Self-managed teams, a Director that is professional and listens to your concerns and needs. The location is amazing, right in the center of the Financial District, China Town, near north beach and a few minutes from Union Square. Very smart people with great ideas and innovation. Great catered meals, snacks and break area.

Cons

The biggest con right now are the growing pains and implementing enterprise solutions that are manageable instead of complete home grown solutions. Change is tough at any time in a company but totally expected and needed with massive growth! Documentation is pretty scarce but offers a challenge in correcting that issue.

With all the growth going on, some sort of guideline must be established to define the role of Product Owners in each group.

The stars have finally aligned.

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Telmate full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Telmate has a strong and passionate development team that is working with cutting edge technologies. We're fortunate to work in a spectacular work environment and an interesting and cool market, all with an opportunity to make a real and positive social impact.

Cons

It can be in incredibly fast work pace. And like with many leadership companies, market demands and priorities can often result in difficult trade-offs.

Empower employees with more product ownership along with accountability, and hold individuals accountable for product performance and a positive user experience.

There are newer employer reviews for Telmate