There are newer employer reviews for Telquest

A company that can't get out of its own way.

Former Employee - Sales Manager/Trainer  in  Wayne, NJ
Former Employee - Sales Manager/Trainer in Wayne, NJ

I worked at Telquest full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, cutting edge technology, and a flourishing, successful business.

Cons

Poor management skills, a sense of ambiguity about what to expect from the company from day one, and literally NO training structure for new employees. Cameras are mounted on each agents monitor to watch the employees while they work... I'm not kidding!! Up front, I was told that the company values its employees and is careful in how they provide coaching. This is TOTALLY untrue. The sales manager talks to people like they're idiots and becomes visibly angry if questioned, even if its a question about how to do the job! I was amazed to see the difference between what was described to me in the interview process and what was actually happening within the company. The management makes you feel like you're getting in trouble if you ask a question, and there's tons of questions to ask because there's no formal training program for new hires!!!! Very draconian way of dealing with people and don't you dare bring it up to them or you're history! Hours are 8-6... prepare to have no life!! Many reps work through lunch, and are expected to make 100 calls per day.. good luck doing that when you're trying to solve a customer's problem for 20 minutes on the phone.

Please maintain consistency with how you present the company in the interview process and with how the company really is. Also, your employees would be more on board with what you wanted them to do if you coached them in a way that communicated your care for them and interest in their professional development, instead of how you're frustrated by their needing to know information necessary to the job.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Telquest (View Most Recent)

Lies and deceit

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Telquest full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Office located near major highway hub

Cons

- Ignorant management ( Manager only knows how to say yes to owner; regardless of right or wrong)
    - Unrealistic goals
    - Excessive hours, weekends and late night required projects
    - Sales position is "sold" to every new employee. Over hyped potential.
    - Compensation plan in place is not equal to what was explained at time of hiring. ( They push you to be straight commission)

- Respect your employees. GOOD sales people are a company's biggest asset. Harassing them and belittling them ALL does not create success..

Great Opportunity, Great People

Current Employee - Systems Specialist
    Current Employee - Systems Specialist

I have been working at Telquest full-time

Pros

Full disclosure, this company did much to advance my career. I really enjoyed my time here and I left because another opportunity presented itself. Such an opportunity would not have been possible for if it weren't for my employment here at Telquest.
    There are around 50 employees (give or take) so a self started who takes initiative can have a significant impact on the company. The size of the company makes the work environment more personable and there are good people here. Since everyone knows each other you are judged on your merits as a worker. If you do exceptional work you will keep a job here.

Cons

Therefore, so as to not to sugar coat it, this is a mid-sized company so you will not have the robust bureaucracy of CORP, INC. If you are not someone who is committed to doing good work, you can find some excuse to fixate on and complain about. In all honesty, those who have the most to complain about will find themselves out of the job and whining about it on glassdoor.
    An example of what I am talking about, lets say that there is no training manual for a product list. The good employees will Google and read about it in their free time while the bad ones will complain. You come to mid-sized company, you have to take initiative. If you are not someone with this mindset, this company is not for you.

Frame your success in way that is dependent on other's becoming successful and let them do what they do. There is still more you can do to drive get the best out of your employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Telquest

Worked for Telquest? Contribute to the Community!