There are newer employer reviews for Telstra

Interesting but exhausting, emotionally & physically. Must have ability to 'reset' each day

Former Employee - Customer First Champion in Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

I worked at Telstra full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interesting, great experience. Paid training & qualification of Cert.3 in Contact Centre from Franklyn Institute. Uncapped bonus structure bases on kpi/metric performance mix of call handling time, core unit sales, secondary unit sales, customer transaction surveys (% of callers who do survey & their score of you)

Cons

Some of the performance metrics aren't fair as they are dependent on customers choosing to do something they may not want to do after being on hold for an hour..like a survey about how nice you were & someimes people talk & talk & talk - but you can't be rude or tell them you have to go, just put up with it.. The pay is a 80/20 split which means you get guaranteed 80% pay each fortnight, and once a month, if you meet your KPI's to a certain level, that will unlock the remaining 20%..so when you for example exceeded your targets by 100%, you will receive 100% of your monthly income, if you get 30%, then you get paid the 20% balance of your salary, plus 10% extra of what you earn in a month (the scorecards are monthly)

Advice to Management

Not sure there.. good luck Telstra

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great Services, Customer First Attitude and Good Culture to work in

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Telstra full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture, range & depth of services, global reach.

Cons

Some delays to new services - UC & Cloud

2. One of a kind company that I ever worked for.

Former Employee - Team Leader in Pasay, Pasay (Philippines)
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Pasay, Pasay (Philippines)

I worked at Telstra full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Though we were an outsourced center for Telstra...I was able to experience the biggest change they implemented in the company. I just wish I can work with them again

Cons

Even if it's out-shore center that handles Telstra as a client. They should get an agreement to follow one time of operating procedure because it's confusing specially for the people below the management level on which one to follow.

Advice to Management

Lease a facility where all of those out-shore employees can go and report in