There are newer employer reviews for Telvent

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Fort Collins, CO
Current Employee - Project Manager in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Telvent

Pros

Dynamic environment with high prospect for company growth as the Smart Grid initiatives take off.

Cons

A lot of change going on as we become more assimilated into Telvent.

Improve internal software tools to support service delivery, reporting, etc.

43 Other Employee Reviews for Telvent (View Most Recent)

Great place to work where management really does care...

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Telvent

Pros

The company is solid financially and in this tough economy, that's important. The technology that is being developed and implemented for customers all over the world is very leading edge and interesting. Project implementations are fast paced and challenging. You have the opportunity to work on multiple projects at the same time and the work is NEVER dull. The management team is very good.

Cons

This one is tough because you have to dig kind of deep to find them. The company does need to invest in some better administrative systems for managing time, etc., but that is really nit picking just to have something to fill in here. It really is a great company.

Keep growing the company putting us in the position to continue as a leader in our market.

Great if self-sufficient and experienced, and like long hours

Former Employee - Project Lead  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Project Lead in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Telvent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great learning place if you're able to learn at a very fast pace, with minimal assistance from seniors. Bleeding edge technology with fast paced projects. Opportunities to move up if you can get along with management.

Cons

There are very few senior employees who can help, and the ones that are left are often hard to work with, and can be condescending at times. Often everyone is too busy putting out fires to help others by answering questions. Documentation is sparse, you must be able to reverse engineer code quickly to survive and complete your assignments.

Salaries way below market (I got a 40% raise when I left), look into employee retention otherwise there is no permanent base of knowledge, a dangerous situation.

There are newer employer reviews for Telvent

Worked for Telvent? Contribute to the Community!