Temenos
www.temenos.com Geneva, Switzerland 1000 to 5000 Employees

If you are IN, you are SEALED for life

Business Consultant (Current Employee)

Pros1. Onsite Opportunities
Most companies don't provide onsite opportunities for people having less than 2 years experience. I got an opportunity to go onsite in just 3 months after joining. It purely Depends on the team you work for.
2. People are friendly
Everyone understands that no one knows the product completely. So they help each other in the best possible way, expecting the same when they are in trouble.
3. Unlimited coffee
Yeah, you can get unlimited Tea or coffee and grow your belly. They used to give biscuits as well. But these days we don't get it.
4. Nice Infrastructure
You can boast of a nice infrastructure they have in 2 facilities in Chennai
5. Opportunity to learn a worldclass Banking product
T24 is a world class product used by Tier 2 banks around the world. Yes it has been awarded the no. 1 Banking product for the past 5 years.

Cons1. Very poor HR Policies
Notice Period of 3 months + Not Buyable(Makes you a slave here)
2. Politics
If you want to survive here, you need to please your manager by all means(And I mean it - ALL MEANS). There are very bad people here. They are experts in the product and they are the ones who run the show here. They have been in the company for more than 14-15 years and they decide the rules. I hope you understand what i mean.
3. No Job security
They fired 200 people in one day in Feb 2011 by giving them a back dated pink slip. No one knows when the next firing is about to happen. Rumours about firing are always around your ears everyday.
4. Great for Experienced, nothing for freshers
For people who have already worked in Banks, Temenos offers wonderful scope. But for those who joined as freshers in Temenos, learn absolutely nothing as they only work as small assistants for seniors. And believe me, you gain nothing from it. I have friends in all departments.
5. Very poor hike
When i joined I heard from seniors that they were not given any hike for 2 years due to recession. And when they gave hike, I saw my colleagues getting Rs.800 as hike. Some even got Rs.0(yeah thats right - ZERO)
6. No scope outside
Since T24 is a proprietary software product, no other company can use it. Yes they do have partners. But you will have poarching agreement with those partners. So you are left no where and you are really, SEALED FOR LIFE. Unlike java professionals or any other technology professionals, you cannot have a great scope to advance in your career. So please dont get carried away by the initial pay package. Think about your future.
7. No bus facility
People come from far places. The company is getting lots of revenue but cares very less about the welfare of the people.
8. No real HR Activities happening
9. No "Fun to Work" atmosphere

Advice to Senior ManagementFear GOD!

The last two years have been pathetic for employee morale

Systems Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Temenos

Pros: Very good work-life balance, Good place to learn about the… Cons: Poor HR & regional management team centered in Chennai, Total autocratic… Advice to Senior Management: It is mandatory for the top leadership to listen to every… More

Mixed experience - if you want a lavish place without stress on you, Temenos is your choice. Dont expect respect though.

Systems Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Temenos

Pros: 1. Globally recognized 2. Onsite available based on time 3. Stress free Cons: 1. Poor HR policy - No buy out option, Poor medical insurance. 2. Top mgmt - no clear goal set for the peers. 3. Dont expect respect… Advice to Senior Management: 1. Listen to employees. 2. Think that revenue can increase if employees stay back and support the company. 3. Company is empty without employee. Not all can… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Temenos.

Worked for Temenos? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Temenos reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Temenos CEO David Arnott. All reviews posted anonymously by Temenos employees.