There are newer employer reviews for Temple University Health System

Dead End Job

Current Employee - Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA
Current Employee - Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Temple University Health System full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits and 4 weeks of vacation

Cons

No training, No advancement. Temple's motto: "Reward for good work is MORE work!".
There are hardly any room to jump into another role, basically stuck in the same role you got hired. No communication amongst departments and no processes in place. Mom and POP shop. Totally disorganized and no one cares.

Tell your good workers to get out as soon as possible before they are tasked at doing 2-3 full-time jobs in 1.

reviews filtered by
  1. I am a diverse individual and enjoyed helping patients and their family members.

Former Employee - Medical Laboratory Technician Ll in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Medical Laboratory Technician Ll in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Temple University Health System full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

It was always a pleasure for me to help patients and family members with questions regarding their appointments or direction.

Cons

To me, the downside was working with lazy people who wasted their time complaining instead of using that energy to do their job.

treat your employees equally.

2. A joke - Better off looking the other way

Current Employee - Management in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Management in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Temple University Health System full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The only PRO is the health benefits and the education benefit. The education benefit is not always a benefit if your director or department does not approve of you taking a required class, that is only available during the day, and something you need to complete your education

Cons

Do not expect to move up in this place. Discrimination is an open/closed situation and is hidden very well. This place is beyond networking with who you know. There are so many cliques, no senior management support, and they do not provide any serious training or education toward your career growth. Like I said, "A JOKE"!

Stop discriminating (PERIOD)!