Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Financial Systems Analyst in Lexington, KY
Current Employee - Financial Systems Analyst in Lexington, KY

I have been working at Tempur Sealy International

Pros

Here are some of the positive points with Tempur Pedic - Friendly environment - Technologically current - Intelligent leadership - Caring attitude toward employees - Provides great challenging work environment

Cons

Here are some cons about Tempur Pedic - Insurance is self insurance, which generally works out for most people well, but can be an issue in certain cases - Salary in my case was lower than the market salary for my profession, but I gained a lot of value from my employment here, and I am by no means dissatisfied.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you've been doing..if you increased salaries somewhat you'd be exceptional. Also, I believe the health insurance situation needs reexamined. However, I realize the cost might outweigh the beneifts for the vast majority of people. I know you lost some great employees due to salary issues.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Outstanding performance overlooked and unappreciated by senior executives for personal favorites.

Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Lexington, KY
    Former Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Lexington, KY

I worked at Tempur Sealy International

Pros

Would mention them if they existed.

Cons

MULTIPLE layoff rounds in last few years. Tenured employees fearful of their job stability with layoffs not based on performance. Employee are treated differently. Lexington based employees have some perks, other employees domestically and internationally do not receive (i.e. healthy living incentives, gym). Lack of Senior Management feedback to contribute and guide expressed internal growth.

2. Decent place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lexington, KY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Lexington, KY

I worked at Tempur Sealy International

Pros

Fairly laid back Growing company Nice workout facilities Nice benefits (for permanent employees) Jeans every Friday Seasoned employees are willing to help newer hires (can also be negative--see below) Occasional meals and nice discounts provided

Cons

Issues with other departments timely responsiveness Not many opportunities for advancement Not all information is available to perform job duties, so new hires must rely on seasoned employees (no guarantee that they are correct) Temps do not get any benefits at all which is understandable, but unfortunate. Not many open permanent positions for temp employees, but maybe because the economy is still recovering.

Advice to Management

Help each department realize that no department is better than the other. Other departments seem to think that Customer Service Department and their requests are less important than theirs.