Tenaris

Good place to work

Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Tenaris

Pros

I would say that the best part of working at Tenaris is the strong team feeling and training we receive

Cons

The salery is a little lite compaired to the industry however Tenaris does invest heavy in employee training so these cost seem to be factored in

89 Other Employee Reviews for Tenaris (View Most Recent)

An ideal start for college graduates but would not be interested for the long term experience.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Tenaris

Pros

At the beginning of the merger of Tenaris with Hydril and Maverick, the bonus were very generous but now are only standard for a manufacturing company.

Cons

Because the company finds every aspect of the company to save money, all employees are expected to complete all accounting expense related to projects. Additionally, they have all their accounting approvals go through oversees before it is released to companies located in the states.

Although they take their employees to a Management Camp for two weeks, the choice of employees taken still require more experience with projects and working at the facilities in order to understand how to manage people and projects.

I love this company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Tenaris

Pros

If you are commited with the company and understand the comporate aspect of this big company, you can grow and will be recognized for it

Cons

To make each region more strong, starts a process to hire local people for high position, the transition is not working well with IT area a least since who was hire does not understand or don't want to understand how company works.

After many years working in Tenaris, It is the first time that i start to consider to leave this company.
    My advise is that the same exercice applied with expat's about cultural differences, must be applied with local hire for managerial and director position, the lack of knowledge about the company culture may "destroy" the confidence of very good professionals on Tenaris. Not because the company by itself but because bad selection process and / or a follow up to make sure if new hire is not trying to change the Tenari's way

There are newer employer reviews for Tenaris