There are newer employer reviews for Tender Touch Health Care

Loved working for them but unfair at times.

Former Employee - Receptionist, Data Entry in Camden, NJ
Former Employee - Receptionist, Data Entry in Camden, NJ

I worked at Tender Touch Health Care full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working with patients and therapy staff, learned so much.

Cons

Traveling to and from different facilities

Advice to Management

Higher more aides

Other Employee Reviews for Tender Touch Health Care

Its ok company. every building/ manager is different.

Current Employee - Staff
    Current Employee - Staff

I have been working at Tender Touch Health Care full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

its a good place to learn, good place to grow, salary is decent, adjusting to our needs.

Cons

100% productivity is expected. and more work added to that. everyday I end up staying more than the desired time because we are doing other things.

Advice to Management

try to understand staff's issues. how can u have 100% productivity and do extra work?

Not the most ethical place to work for.

Pros

The company pays well if you bargain in the very beginning. The health and dental benefits are very good and PTO is good with 6 paid holidays and a paid birthday. There are multiple facilities to work at and the therapists are great to work with.

Cons

You are expected to comply with the 100% productivity standards which includes doing paperwork, attending mandated meetings and Inservices without getting paid for it unless you double and triple up on the pt care and skip your lunch to meet the productivity requirements. If you decide to go ahead and bill for meetings then you get spoken down to. Rules of the company vary in each facility. The one I work for changes and revises their own rules by the day. We have had meetings that we are told that we can't help each other with patients even if they are a max of 2 bec it's not both therapists' patient it's just the one therapist's patient. So we have equipment that is not getting used because it requires two therapists to assist the patient. Then when the rehab director treats his patients he tells one of the therapists to basically finish his treatment bec he has to go to a meeting or step out. When I carpooled with another employee to make it safely in bad weather we were given treatment times that were three hours apart. He ended up giving her more work but he specifically told me to get a cab if I need a ride home if the other employee can not stay. So there isn't any appreciation for hard work and loyalty. Most of the time employees stay 30 minutes and up to 2-3 hours unpaid due to having several meetings and inservices. After giving plenty of notice that I needed to leave early one day for dental surgery I was given too many hours that would cause me to miss my appointment. So I had to sign out go for surgery and come back and treat with a swollen mouth. Family members are allowed to work together which causes conflicts in many situations.

Advice to Management

Enforce labor laws. All therapists should be paid for all hours worked including attending meetings and inservices. Management should have knowledge of and experience with e-stim, tens, diathermy, and ultrasound. Know the job roles and responsibilities of the three disciplines (OT, PT, and SPT) and assistants. Continued education courses should be available on site to keep all therapists and superiors up with the new technology, hands on training and latest practice guidelines.