Tenet Healthcare

www.tenethealth.com

Demanding, but believe that my hard work is making a difference

Pros

Paid Time Off has never been an issue for me. I have 25 days a year and can generally use them when I want. In addition I get 11 or more paid holidays off and perhaps one of the best perks is that the corporate office is closed during the week between Christmas and New Year's. My work-life balance has changed somewhat since the Vanguard Health Systems acquisition in the fall of 2013.

Cons

I still have a lot of flexibility in terms of work hours and telecommuting. Sometimes it feels like I work in more of a matrix organizational structure, which means getting pulled in several competing directions. This provides exposure to different areas of the business (=PRO), but can mean that managing projects and expectations can be difficult (=CON). There also tends to be a lack of communication and positive feedback. This tends to mean that decisions by management and steering committees often do not happen or when they do, they tend to result in rework.

Make sure to clearly communicate goals and expectations. Provide positive feedback to inspire your employees. And lastly, retain talent by talking to them and learning about their strengths and what makes them passionate about what they do. It's amazing what listening and a little feedback can do to energize your staff.

Other reviews for Tenet Healthcare

battlefield!

Current Employee - Bio-Med Tech Bmet III  in  Des Peres, MO
    Current Employee - Bio-Med Tech Bmet III in Des Peres, MO

Pros

You get a check and maybe a raise if they do not cheat you out of the annual raise, which they did twice to us.

Cons

Like working with terminal cancer!

Admin should Start addressing the working staff and not the management, to much fear in the corporate ladder they will tell you what you want to hear, all the while the working staff suffers. The worst place I have worked in 25 years and I was in the 90-91 desert storm war. “Quote” be lucky you have a job, beware of any company that has the balls to say this to a working employee.

Hard work, low wages

Current Employee - Finance Manager  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Finance Manager in Detroit, MI

Pros

Having a job, being employed

Cons

Unbelievable work loads, it us impossible to complete your workload unless you work 20hours a day. I am highly organized, experienced, and a hard worker, yet my management believes I need to work 24hours a day because she does. Unethical. Can't get time off when you need it, as taking time off is frowned upon. Work will be waiting for you when you return.

Spend some time in the trenches, see what is really going on.

There are newer employer reviews for Tenet Healthcare.

Worked for Tenet Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!