Physician Practices

Current Employee - Manager in Roswell, GA
Current Employee - Manager in Roswell, GA

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They offer a full benefits package - health, dental, vision, 401K. They don't expect any nights or weekend hours, overtime is limited.

Cons

Tenet knows how to run hospitals, but has been running the physician practices by trial and error. The success of the acquisition really comes down to the physicians and the manager since the corporate structure does not set up the practice for success.

Advice to Management

Pick one initiative at a time. Focus on one or two areas of improvement and wait for things to improve before piling on more. It's a lot harder to do twenty things well versus two. Have consistent training so that the different offices still have some commonalities but understand that different speciality offices require different workflow.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. dissapointing

Current Employee - CT Technologist in Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Current Employee - CT Technologist in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

nice area to live but very expensive and the wages dont live up to it. close to a lot of cool stuff and very nice weather

Cons

understaffed over worked and under paid

Demanding, but believe that my hard work is making a difference

I have been working at Tenet Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Paid Time Off has never been an issue for me. I have 25 days a year and can generally use them when I want. In addition I get 11 or more paid holidays off and perhaps one of the best perks is that the corporate office is closed during the week between Christmas and New Year's. My work-life balance has changed somewhat since the Vanguard Health Systems acquisition in the fall of 2013.

Cons

I still have a lot of flexibility in terms of work hours and telecommuting. Sometimes it feels like I work in more of a matrix organizational structure, which means getting pulled in several competing directions. This provides exposure to different areas of the business (=PRO), but can mean that managing projects and expectations can be difficult (=CON). There also tends to be a lack of communication and positive feedback. This tends to mean that decisions by management and steering committees often do not happen or when they do, they tend to result in rework.

Advice to Management

Make sure to clearly communicate goals and expectations. Provide positive feedback to inspire your employees. And lastly, retain talent by talking to them and learning about their strengths and what makes them passionate about what they do. It's amazing what listening and a little feedback can do to energize your staff.