Tenneco

www.tenneco.com

Happy I made a bundle when the stock went up.

Senior Buyer (Former Employee) Monroe, MI

ProsLearned a lot. Took on a lot of responsibility. First 2 years were fun. Worked with a lot of very talented people-on all levels, in all areas. Got a better job as a result.

ConsNext 3 years were a nightmare. Everyone wanted to be a buyer, engineers, the plants, the salespeople. Vendor payments were delayed to help cash-flow, a practice that has been stopped. They break contracts. Pay was bad, as were the benefits. Plants routinely ran short on inventory and blamed vendor. Managers had no experience managing in most areas. Women were especially treated poorly-no matter their title. To many 'Indians' with little to-no authority, 'Chiefs' didn't like to get hands dirty, and wanted to protect their job. Very political environment. Senior Executive quoted prior to a meeting, "Check your ethics at the door", and another classic, "Sometimes you have to take the low road' In some areas morale was great, in others well pretty bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider training managers. Let some of the old chiefs retire. Promote from within. Executives should go undercover within the company-in any area to see how the work really gets done and dirty some people operate. Treat the women as your would your wife or daughter treated at a job.

This job will bore you to death, very monotonous work. Hard manual labor daily. Very strict routine to follow daily.

Machine Operator (Current Employee) Marshall, MI

I have been working at Tenneco full-time for less than a year

Pros: Decent Pay. 11/hour starting out with staffing company. 12.65 after… Cons: Very boring, monotonous work. Do the same thing over and over and over all day. Can be hard manual labor for those not used to that. Management… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the points system for sick days. It makes you seem like you don't value your employees as human beings. I realize… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Abusive towards employees.

Machine Operator (Current Employee) Hartwell, GA

I have been working at Tenneco full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good pay and easy to get overtime. Cons: Ridiculous hours and unsafe work conditions. Advice to Senior Management: Treat your subordinates with more respect and listen to their… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Tenneco.

Worked for Tenneco? Contribute to the Community!