Tenneco
www.tenneco.com Lake Forest, IL 5000+ Employees

Operates like most large American automotive companies.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Monroe, MI

ProsThey are a stable company that has a global presence.

ConsMost locations are not close to metro areas where people live resulting in most employees having a long commute. Limited abilities to rise within the ranks of the company (opportunities exist they are just a bit too far and few between and are often filled with people outside of the company). Just like in most large companies it is difficulty to get process improvements supported/implemented and adaptability/innovation is stifled as a result. Current employee compensation has not kept pace with the market.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut a real emphasis on process improvement, innovation, and performance recognition. Too much time is spent fighting fires and not enough defining and resolving the causes.

Happy I made a bundle when the stock went up.

Senior Buyer (Former Employee)
    Monroe, MI

I worked at Tenneco full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Learned a lot. Took on a lot of responsibility. First 2 years were fun. Worked with… Cons: Next 3 years were a nightmare. Everyone wanted to be a buyer, engineers, the plants, the salespeople. Vendor payments were delayed to help… Advice to Senior Management: Consider training managers. Let some of the old chiefs retire. Promote from within. Executives should go undercover within the company-in any area… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

This job will bore you to death, very monotonous work. Hard manual labor daily. Very strict routine to follow daily.

Machine Operator (Current Employee)
    Marshall, MI

I have been working at Tenneco full-time for less than a year

Pros: Decent Pay. 11/hour starting out with staffing company. 12.65 after… Cons: Very boring, monotonous work. Do the same thing over and over and over all day. Can be hard manual labor for those not used to that. Management… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the points system for sick days. It makes you seem like you don't value your employees as human beings. I realize… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Tenneco.

Worked for Tenneco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tenneco reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tenneco CEO Gregg Sherrill. All reviews posted anonymously by Tenneco employees.