There are newer employer reviews for Tenneco

I enjoy the pace and team leaders there are always helpful.

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Ligonier, IN
Current Employee - Machine Operator in Ligonier, IN

I have been working at Tenneco

Pros

Atmosphere.They do not encourage bad mouthing of other employees which helps with employee encouragement to advance in social and healthy environment.

Cons

3rd shift.But 3rd shift anywhere.The only thing worse would be 2nd shift.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

reviews filtered by

Great place to work. Growing compandy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marshall, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marshall, MI

I have been working at Tenneco

Pros

Tenneco is a growing company who has great growth and even in a bad company keeps growing. The benifts are good with retirement and a 401k match which most companies have done away with they continue to match. Good chances to advance and if you come to work every day they treat you well.

Cons

Some times long hours with no notice to make plans is a downfall for working with tenneco. Sometimes it is not to be avoided as the customers tend to be difficult to deal with.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with the communication with the employees. It goes a long way. You treat them with respect and they will work had and do the right things to keep the company successful.

2. it's a job.. glad I have a place to work

Current Employee - Team Member in Smithville, TN
    Current Employee - Team Member in Smithville, TN

I have been working at Tenneco

Pros

have been with the company a long time. Great co-workers, the team leaders are great & works with the employees.

Cons

need better pay for the workers that has been there longer than others. Moral needs to be better. HR & management needs to be out on the floor more to see what the employees actually do. Needs to be cooler in summer time (pretty bad when it feels better outside than it does inside the plant)

Advice to Management

work on the things I stated in the Cons of working at Tenneco. Better pay for the employees that has worked there the longest. Find a way to cool the plant down in the summer

There are newer employer reviews for Tenneco