Tennessee Commercial Warehouse

No More The Great Company It Once Was

Driver (Current Employee)
Nashville, TN

I have been working at Tennessee Commercial Warehouse

ProsPay is good. Very flexible hours, you can work day shift or night, pretty much as many hours as you want without being illegal. Some terminals are better than others.

ConsThe attitude of the company towards the drivers has changed since July 2009. TCW has instituted several repressive policies in the name of "safety" which are destroying driver morale and actually having a negative impact on safety. Many current drivers are looking for other jobs now as a result of these changes, and the condescending, abusive way they are presented to us.
One major change is that we are no longer trusted, valued employees. We must be watched at all times via GPS to insure that we are never speeding, and there is talk that all cellular communications, even with hands-free devices, will be banned and that we will be monitored with the existing in-cab microphones to insure that we are not talking while driving.
As a result of this policy, and the overall negative change in the attitude of TCW towards the drivers, morale is suffering, as is equipment maintenance, job performance, dedication, and safety.
This is the result of one administrative new hire who has made it clear, with abusive and insulting language, that we drivers are incapable of doing our jobs properly if he is not watching us closely.
We are no longer treated with courtesy and respect, and I can no longer recommend TCW as an employer.
Any driver who can meet TCW's very high hiring standards deserves more respect than he will get from the new TCW.

Advice to Senior ManagementFeedback and suggestions are no longer solicited from drivers, and will be explained away and ignored by management. This once-great company is being ruined from the ground up.

Probably the best of it's type.

Truck Driver (Current Employee)
Savannah, GA

I have been working at Tennessee Commercial Warehouse

Pros: They think in the long term, and thus hire only the most highly-qualified people. Once you are in, they don't forget why they hired… Cons: Long, variable, and screwy hours. Poor real-time top-down communication. Concerns will always be… Advice to Senior Management: Keep us informed as to what's happening now, what's planned… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

It used to be a great place to work.

I have been working at Tennessee Commercial Warehouse

Pros: You can work monday through friday either during the day or at night as a driver. Managment usually… Cons: Pay raises, bonuses, and reasonably priced benifits are as rare as a unicorn riding leprechaun. If you start early in the mornings chances are better… More

There are newer reviews on Tennessee Commercial Warehouse.

Worked for Tennessee Commercial Warehouse? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tennessee Commercial Warehouse reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tennessee Commercial Warehouse CEO Philip Scott George. All reviews posted anonymously by Tennessee Commercial Warehouse employees.