Teradata

n/a

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist
Current Employee - Marketing Specialist

I have been working at Teradata

Pros

Teradata offers the best data warehousing products on the market, and now that we have spun off from NCR, there is an opportunity for us to be more nimble, agile and competitive. They offer competitive benefits, and a friendly work/family environment.

Cons

In some areas, the opportunity for professional growth and a defined career path are limited. Merit increases have been limited in non-sales job positions.

n/a

337 Other Employee Reviews for Teradata (View Most Recent)

Teradata's data warehouse is amazing. The new product line will certainly take business away from the competition.

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Teradata

Pros

It is growing even in this poor economy.

Cons

Could mean lots of travel. After all, it is an international company

If we can't get raises, you shouldn't be getting those HUGE stock options.

Has been a great place to work but beware of the future

Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Ohio, IL
    Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Ohio, IL

I have been working at Teradata

Pros

The "virtual" aspect of many of the job functions. The balance between work and homelife is managed very well in that we are mostly treated as professionals and management knows we'll get the work done. Perhaps not between the hours of 9-5, but it will get done. This, hoiwever, does have a downside in that we are expected to work weekends and evenings during crunch time if necessary. The flip side of those situations allow for downtime when a project is not under a crunch situation. So again, the balance is there and I'm more than happy with the resulting work environment.

Cons

The sales environment....i.e. a quarter by quarter mentality with many decisions being made with short term thinking. Also I'd have to say another downside is the lack of focus of sales management with respect to new accounts. I've seen multiple sales reps get burned out over many years continually trying to break into an account. How many times can you bang your head against the wall before you say I've bled enough? I think there is an arrogance (bordering on insane) when it comes to the desire to land a new account. If anyone ever did the math on what was spent in the attempt to get these accounts to buy, we'd quickly move on to other, more realistic sales opportunities.

Think longer term and know when to back away from a sales opportunity.

There are newer employer reviews for Teradata