Teradata

www.teradata.com

Teradata's data warehouse is amazing. The new product line will certainly take business away from the competition.

Current Employee - Director
Current Employee - Director

Pros

It is growing even in this poor economy.

Cons

Could mean lots of travel. After all, it is an international company

If we can't get raises, you shouldn't be getting those HUGE stock options.

Other reviews for Teradata

Has been a great place to work but beware of the future

Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant  in  Ohio, IL
    Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Ohio, IL

Pros

The "virtual" aspect of many of the job functions. The balance between work and homelife is managed very well in that we are mostly treated as professionals and management knows we'll get the work done. Perhaps not between the hours of 9-5, but it will get done. This, hoiwever, does have a downside in that we are expected to work weekends and evenings during crunch time if necessary. The flip side of those situations allow for downtime when a project is not under a crunch situation. So again, the balance is there and I'm more than happy with the resulting work environment.

Cons

The sales environment....i.e. a quarter by quarter mentality with many decisions being made with short term thinking. Also I'd have to say another downside is the lack of focus of sales management with respect to new accounts. I've seen multiple sales reps get burned out over many years continually trying to break into an account. How many times can you bang your head against the wall before you say I've bled enough? I think there is an arrogance (bordering on insane) when it comes to the desire to land a new account. If anyone ever did the math on what was spent in the attempt to get these accounts to buy, we'd quickly move on to other, more realistic sales opportunities.

Think longer term and know when to back away from a sales opportunity.

Teradata - a good company for personal growth

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

Pros

Large professional services organization with excellent support from all levels. Great technology and lots of smart employees. If you need feedback there is plenty of both online and offline resources accessible for the new consultant. The culture is very relaxed with plenty of flexibility with working styles. Overall this is a great company to work for, especially for technical consultants.

Cons

Large professional services organizations are also somewhat impersonal. More communication could help. The consultants are very intelligent but not as polished technically as they can be. The large organization means that difficultities lie for rapid upwards growth.

More communication. There is too much "do your own thing" and not enough accountability at professional services level. More non-technical training for presentation and business devfelopment skills.

There are newer employer reviews for Teradata.

Worked for Teradata? Contribute to the Community!