Teradata

www.teradata.com
  www.teradata.com
There are newer employer reviews for Teradata

Good one to work - if you have zeal to research and develop new things or sustain the developed ones.

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hyderābād (India)
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hyderābād (India)

I worked at Teradata full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You are free to explore various products and get to know of how they work and study them at user level as well as at the code level. There are no bars on code access(except in certain situations where company decides).

And since the company has end-to-end development projects starting from H/W to S/W your interest is key on what you can learn and excel. And huge documentations to learn from.

You will be fortunate to work with Great intellectuals and people with strong knowledge and willing to
help/teach.

Your zeal matters.

Cons

On pay side, it does not pay as various R&D's do.

Atleast to the new comers or the people who are growing after joining. If you are willing to join - discuss the matters prior with recruiters. Hikes depend on your performance,companies Perf and rating given to you by your TL/Managers. Mind that there might be some politics played here.

Its always that there will be good and bad management pracitces everywhere - there are some here but not to the extent I heard about companies outside TD. And because of few all the good ones get a bad name. So its your luck under whom you go into/work with.

Pay revisions to those who deserve/need and not to those whose plates are full.

Strongly exame people in current managerial roles and check if they are helping the Product grow or not, watch what they are doing. TD needs to correct this especially to excel. Need customer specific managers not the persons who live for count/performance/numbers. Numbers are secondary to product quality and customer specific mindset.

Marketing is going good - good luck with that.

337 Other Employee Reviews for Teradata (View Most Recent)

At Teradata, I have been able to hone my skills on the field and in classrooms

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Teradata full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Teradata has a high focus on coaching their consultants on the technology. Employees are encouraged to attend classes and seminars in Teradata, Aster and Aprimo products. The company has a large knowledge repository in the Teradata University as well as its employees.

Cons

Requires more management bent of mind.

Aspiring managers require more exposure

Overworked Back-Office

I have been working at Teradata full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Nice Bonuse last few years. There are some really good people to work with and there are a lot people with very long tenures.

Cons

Very flat organization with very little opportunity for advancement. Expect that the position you are hired for will be the position you stay in (regardless of your performance). I am not disgruntle or upset for being passed over but simply being honest and I have personally seen this in all of the different functions within TD and I have seen good employees leave the company because there is simply nowhere to go within in TD.

There are newer employer reviews for Teradata