Teradata
www.teradata.com Miamisburg, OH 5000+ Employees

Company stuck in the 80s, a real joke

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Rancho Bernardo, CA

ProsFlex hour at least, depending on your group. Some groups seemed less overburdened than others. Benefits were pretty decent. Free food if you sneak in after new hire initiations and other presentations. Convenient work from home for family, etc reasons.

ConsTerrible location. Heavy heavy bureaucracy. Older management. Average employee 30+ with family. Lots of processes. Unreliable online tools. Reports filed for every change. Sometimes 30 line reports for 1 line of code change. Poor intergroup communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood luck. Better get young and hold on loosely. Stop spending money on useless benefits (onsite haircuts?? who really needs that??) And get young people in or you're going to be sinking faster than the Titanic.

Senior Consultant, Business Development

Professional Services Senior Consultant (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

I worked at Teradata full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great place to work, good people and company does try… Cons: Organizations are pretty stove piped and it is hard to move between organizations; sales,… Advice to Senior Management: Open up a little and look across the organization. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Teradata Sales

Senior Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Oakland, CA

I have been working at Teradata full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great product, technology is truly differentiated Cons: Internal Politics sometimes create barriers Advice to Senior Management: Micromanagement doesn't work Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Teradata.

Worked for Teradata? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teradata reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Teradata CEO Mike Koehler. All reviews posted anonymously by Teradata employees.