Teradata

There are newer employer reviews for Teradata

Great company, friendly people

Former Intern - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
Former Intern - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Teradata as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly people, lots of room to grow as an engineer and software developer.

Cons

The company is fairly old so the culture and style of the way things are done are a little bit outdated. Definitely doesn't have the "startup" feel that many younger companies have which is much more attractive to younger developers.

Change the way some developments are done. Start using Agile development or a better protocol to get things done.

362 Other Employee Reviews for Teradata (View Most Recent)

Great Company to work for...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Teradata full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexibility of job hours.
    Lots of travel.
    Great support of exceptionally smart people

Cons

We sell stuff, our internal processes are HORRIBLE, you'd think mgmt might have figured that out by now.

See cons. Also, we need a CEO for Silicon Valley and a CEO for the rest of the world.

Great Company to work

I have been working at Teradata full-time

Pros

Great People, Technology, and customer service. Lots of happy customers who benefit from the solutions. Lots of training opportunities for PS roles.

Cons

Processes and politics & outdated infrastructure. Most companies have this challenge, but Teradata is really struggling to implement internally what we sell externally to help be a smarter business with best practice data driven solutions. It feels like our management team doesn't understand the value of implementing and drinking our own koolaide.

Our management team has done a great job of running our business since our split with NCR. My only advice would be to look internally to the people, processes and technology in place to understand and invest in the requirements to make us really World Class and our own best case study for our customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Teradata