Teradata
www.teradata.com Miamisburg, OH 5000+ Employees

Lackluster

San Diego, CA

I have been working at Teradata full-time for more than 5 years

ProsVery smart people there, always evolving, lots of whitespace to work in

ConsIT dept one of the worst I've ever experienced! Their entire group in Miamisburg is out of the 70s, using out-dated technology and completely failing at their job. Their IT dept throws away millions in buying solutions which end up not working and that costs bonuses for the rest of us. Company lacks any real direction anymore. Addicted to high margin hardware sales. Ignorant of the cloud. Unable to accurately sell their product. Anti-open source mentality.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the IT dept loose and start over. Spend some time looking at emerging technologies. Get away from hardware sales (take notice of HP and Dell).

Great place to work

I have been working at Teradata

Pros: Excellent pay and benefits. Good environment for employees to grow in their career. … Cons: I cannot think of any true cons of working for the company. Some locations have… More

Great Company to work for...

San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Teradata full-time for more than a year

Pros: Flexibility of job hours. Lots of travel. Great… Cons: We sell stuff, our internal processes are HORRIBLE, you'd think… Advice to Senior Management: See cons. Also, we need a CEO for Silicon… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Teradata.

Worked for Teradata? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teradata reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Teradata CEO Mike Koehler. All reviews posted anonymously by Teradata employees.