Teradata

www.teradata.com

Very old and big

Software Engineer V (Current Employee) San Carlos, CA

ProsCustomers: without those, companies would never last. Deep pockets result: willing to invest in longer-term to deliver actual value. Ability to time-shift or telecommute since the company is widely distributed.

ConsFar too many acronyms and old "processes" that just slow things down. Management then tends to just repeat buzzwords instead of being organized. Many employees do not speak English well.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore people actually doing work instead of "product managers" "project managers" and "development realization team leaders" that just have meetings filled with empty slides.

Dinosaur company is heading the way of the dinosaur

Software Engineer II (Current Employee) Rancho Bernardo, CA

I have been working at Teradata full-time for more than a year

Pros: - Free coffee and soda - Nice campus with walking path - Generally relaxed atmosphere -… Cons: - The company operates like a bunch of "separate fiefdoms". - Teams do not collaborate with each other. - The company runs on Excel and Oracle solutions… Advice to Senior Management: Databases (hardware and software) are commodities these days. Transition to selling software licensing and services. Don't ignore the potential of emerging technologies. When you decide to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Sales teams conflict with solution delivery

PS Partner (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

I worked at Teradata full-time for more than a year

Pros: Some good technology, they're in a good space and leveraging… Cons: Very "box" centric, not solution centric. They always seem in a rush to close a big deal focused around the product, but not… Advice to Senior Management: Rein in the cowboys. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Teradata.

Worked for Teradata? Contribute to the Community!