Teradata

There are newer employer reviews for Teradata

Bureaucratic!

Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant in San Carlos, CA
Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Teradata as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

I work as a consultant and am shielded from a lot of the day-to-day bureaucratic nightmares that go on. I also have a lot of a autonomy and am not micro-managed, but that may be more a matter of the style of the person I report to than the company culture itself.

Cons

I've never known another company to have as many meetings and to have as little work come from these meetings! It's ridiculous and really inefficient. There is also an enormous about of paperwork and forms for every little thing--once again, not at all efficient.

As a consultant, i work with a small group of people regularly and then the larger employee base occasionally. I'm dumbfounded by the number of people who are quite incompetent in their jobs--just can't seem to do basic things or communicate effectively. It also seems very unbalanced--some people work their tales off and others seems to barely put in 40 hours.

Org seems top-heavy--too many in mgmt, and the "worker bees" are largely not qualified.

331 Other Employee Reviews for Teradata (View Most Recent)

good technology

I have been working at Teradata full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good technology and learning experience, work-life balance, some training opportunities

Cons

less promotion from internal, some ppl who stayed long time may leave

Good place for flexible work schedule.

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Teradata full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very good place for working virtually or on a flexible work schedule. Great for engineers or sales and sales management professionals.

Cons

IT for workers lag behind other companies. Not a leading edge for marketing but improving. Little recognition outside of the sales organization. Medical benefits are not the best. Very few women or minorities in top management.

Try to recognize groups outside of sales more often. Make an effort to maintain goodwill with employees that are leaving the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Teradata