Teradata

Good Job

Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant
Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant

I have been working at Teradata

Pros

Great Job and Good Pay. Not much more to say than that. One of the best software companies and has good benefits and nice people that are helpful. Very tight knit community of intelligent people from all over the world. There are many great clients that are typically some of the biggest corporations in the world. Company operates all over the world and probably has the best product in data warehousing. There are many fun activites and a good community of people that are pleasant to work with. I would recommend the company to anyone that enjoys software and consulting.

Cons

Long Work Hours and Travel

None

360 Other Employee Reviews for Teradata (View Most Recent)

Nothing exciting to see here, move along.

I have been working at Teradata

Pros

They provide plenty of opportunities to try something new. When needed the schedule is very flexible.

Cons

Recently there are too many cutbacks as far as company spending goes. We recently spun off from NCR and we were supposed to be the new energized and young Teradata. Haven't seen it happen yet.

Recognize people as an asset.

Lots of potential, tons of worse companies out there.

I have been working at Teradata

Pros

Bright and young(er) software engineers bring a lot of energy where other companies are lacking. There are a lot of long-time NCR employees around that have vast amounts of knowledge to learn from as well. Speaking of those long timers, many of them are getting close to retirement which will open new paths for the young blood to move up. Management is flexible with work hours, company has no uniform requirement--wear your shorts when it gets hot!

The San Diego campus is truly an under utilized beast, but it is very quiet. Finally, engineer workstations are decent machines.

Free coffee and sodas are returning.

Cons

NCR management might not have what it takes to exploit the now "free" Teradata *crossing fingers*.

My biggest gripe with this site is something that is spreading throughout companies lately: I feel like my "cube" is a veal storage container, and I'm standing by for the slaughter. I mean, really...gray and drab, small and cramped. On the other hand, I'm not sharing the space with someone else and it has all the typical bells and whistles (storage, telephone, etc.).

Teradata is still exploring its culture and attempting to define itself, so don't be scared off by odd parties and over-excited senior management trying to convince you that free coffee makes all the difference.

Don't hold the ropes too tight. Let the company grow and define itself. Allow the "individual contributors" the freedom to create and the rest will fall into place.

There are newer employer reviews for Teradata