Teradata
www.teradata.com Miamisburg, OH 5000+ Employees

Dead End to Career - Move on

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Teradata

ProsSolid product. Hot segment in the technology industry. Good co-workers.

ConsIf you consider yourself a bright individual with strong motivation to move up the career ladder, this is not the place to be. This company WILL put sudden brakes to your motivation to go up, creativity, skills, innovative thinking, personal growth. Management do not care for employees. Pay is WELL BELOW what other companies are offering. Bonus is tiny. Management makes you think they are doing you a favor by keeping you at job. Management is incompetent and do not really understand the meaning of "employee satisfaction". They do not encourage and compensate Engineers for their hard work. Lost a lot of good people because of this and this already causing a lot of quality issues in recent releases of Teradata. R&D Management should be replaced before we lose upper edge in the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou've got great people creating and building top notch product. You keep your job because of bright people who are working real hard. Create plans to motivate your employees, encourage them to stay in this company. These people are our strength. Do not lose them. Give them enough incentives and motivation to stay.

Its great to work at Teradata

Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Teradata

Pros: Best techonology. Continuous innovation and evolution. Cons: What could be downside working in a company like Teradata. Advice to Senior Management: They are innovative and taking the company in correct direction Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

good place to work, if you can look after yourself

Software Engineer III (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

I have been working at Teradata

Pros: good work life balance, never pressured to over work flexible work hours flexibility in… Cons: benefits slightly lower compared to comparable jobs release cycle takes months… Advice to Senior Management: hire more young talented people and offer higher wages. Invest in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Teradata.

Worked for Teradata? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Teradata reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Teradata CEO Mike Koehler. All reviews posted anonymously by Teradata employees.