love it!

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Teradata

Pros

Teradata has great people and a great solution. I enjoy a flexible work schedule, decent benefits and a good family/work balance. There is plenty of opportunity for advancement and company growth. We still get bonuses when earned too!

Cons

Just like everywhere else, benefits have been squeezed recently but, comparatively speaking, they are still decent.

Advice to Management

Management communicates with us regularly and keeps us motivated. Keep up the good work.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Constant change and in-decisive decisions

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Teradata

Pros

The company is flexible and profitable.

Cons

No growth opportunities No training opportunities Some Managers like to pick your career path for you.

Advice to Management

Allow people to choose there own career paths and move within the company versus forcing people into positions because they are good at something the company needs and they are not happy with the position.

2. Teradata has been a fantastic employer and has gotten better since it spun off from NCR

Current Employee - Business Development in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Business Development in Dayton, OH

I have been working at Teradata

Pros

Management sets reasonable, albeit stretch goals for bonus compensation Smart, energetic, group of individuals Global capabilities and opportunities Industry leading solution with solid value proposition In the recent economic down turn management looked to protect employees by cutting everywhere else first. Most of all, Teradata people have a "customer first" mind set.

Cons

Risk averse Sometimes difficult to work through the operations teams - procurement, HR, legal etc. Matrix management in the field can be difficult to work with and on occasion prevents action Uncertainty generated by being viewed as a take over target

Advice to Management

Continue to put customers and employees at the top of the priority list Work to communicate the strategic direction and let the employees make decsions based on that direction