Teradyne

www.teradyne.com
  www.teradyne.com
There are newer employer reviews for Teradyne

A relaxed but professional environment

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer I in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer I in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Teradyne full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Loose Management
Self Motivated Team
Good Benefits

Cons

Cyclical Industry
Starved for Young Talent

Doin' a Bang Up Job

88 Other Employee Reviews for Teradyne (View Most Recent)

Entertaining and eventful, but ultimately dead-end

Former Employee - Software Engineer Co-Op in North Reading, MA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer Co-Op in North Reading, MA

I worked at Teradyne

Pros

Great pay, fun people to work with, lots of cool toys. Very easy to integrate into the community, and plenty of source material to work from.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunities for advancement, cubicle-layout is stifling, and a lot of technology is either outdated or requires a complete rework.

I think Management is doing a fine job with what Teradyne does, but I've not found it easy to branch out in the company, both because of its field in testing, and because of its leadership in the field for so long.

One word-ethnocentric-This is the Teradyne Way

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Teradyne

Pros

Teradyne is an industry leader.

Cons

Every person in the regional office had at least 10 years of employment with Teradyne, with the most senior manager having over 25 years with the company. They did not encourage new ideas and there was only one person who was in charge. This manager was ruled by fear and every activity was a fear based focus.
    If you are looking for a place to work, where you feel like your input matters, don't even waste your time.

Being a manager is about giving employees the tools and support they need to be successful. When an employee cannot do his job because his management is doing half his job already, then it becomes hard to be successful. In this particular office, there was only one person given permission to think, that was the manager, everyone else was just a grunt.
    This is an engineering driven, engineering focused company with severely entrenched management. There is only the Teradyne way, no new ideas are accepted openly.

There are newer employer reviews for Teradyne